Original topic:

Discontinuation of Samsung 's unique features

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 09:25 AM)
Viks007
Active Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
First Samsung removed iris sensor from S10, then Heartrate, and spo2 sensor is removed from S20 series which proved to be most essential and used feature during Pandemic. When people were buying Spo2 measuring devices then Samsung s7 to s10 users already had this feature in their phone.

Now I came across this news that Samsung S21 series does not have MST support in Samsung pay. It means you have to rely on only NFC in Smasung Pay. Is it true that Samsung has removed MST from S21 series?
These features used to make Samsung no.1 and most loved phone in android platform, whenever we think of an android phone , we think of Samsung. We even gave preference over iphone. But if it is true that Samsung has now removed these features, I find no reason to continue with samsung and pay extra, you can have the best android smartphones and that too in half price. Isn't it?
8 Comments
Praveen_Kumar1
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Viks007
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
:(
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

no iris scanner as I purchased s21 ultra for the iris scanner but not anything as above mentioned 

Sanskar
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
all valid points brother
Murali63
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Well the iris scanner has been replaced with Face recognition feature in S20. SPo2 sensor seemed inaccurate, i was using it in my s10, but i agree they must have improvised on it and retained this feature, it would have been a USP for samsung when compared with iphone. Unfortunately we must buy a galaxy watch to use this feature henceforth. However i feel the MST is irrelevant at this point after we have the Gpay,paytm etc. However i feel that samsung has concentrated in securing the phone way better than before by releasing frequent updates

Viks007
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Gpay & Paytm do not give you freedom to pay using your Credit Cards directly, Samsung pay offers you host of services like payment through different wallets, UPI and debit and credit cards as well. We cannot admire samsung just because we are user of Samsung smartphone. I have checked its Spo2 sensor with medical equipment and its reading was accurate. No major deviation was found. Samsung is becoming just like any other android phone. They have started compromising with its unique identity. Its just an excuse that some other brand has started to offer same service so one should stop its own services. Samsung should be a trend setter and market leader like before, this is the reason why Iphone has regained its No.1 spot after many years. Samsung should not follow footprints of other brands. It should come up with innovation as it was known for.
0 Likes
Muhammad Asim
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk

Samsung has to give all the sensors again like Heart rate, Spo2, iris scanner etc we love samsung because of that

0 Likes
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk

now curved screen

0 Likes