Original topic:

Black crush?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 11:57 AM)
JJBeginner25
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk

Hi, I have been using my s9+ for a year and so far I haven't had any problems. Last night, the display started glitching - and since then has been very grainy with a faded tone, like the colours are faded. And under low brightness, the darker parts of my phone are not visible and it glitches as well. Googling showed me that the term is black crush but I'm not sure, and that it is a software issue. It would be really nice if someone could help me out and tell me how to fix it - is there something I can do?  I've attached photos of the black glitching. I dont have clear photos of the grainy screen though. 

IMG-20200330-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200330-WA0004.jpg

7 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

This is usually caused by a third party app. We recommend you to use Samsung approved Galaxy theme in your smartphones.
Kindly perform the below mentioned step:
Check the device in safe mode:
Power off the device > Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device > When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
Note: To exit safe mode restart the device.

If the issue still persists kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application(attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes):- Samsung Members App>Feedback >Question /Error>Attach log file.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Ameen618
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
what the hell Samsung fix black crush error you put into our devices. I have the same issue thought it may be a defect 1in a million but same fault occurred in my friend's s9+, when I checked samsung community everyone having problem on black crush. It's your responsibility to fix this issue otherwise no one is trusting samsung mobiles.
JJBeginner25
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
right? I talked to their customer care... and I haven't received helpful feedback.
0 Likes
JJBeginner25
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Hi, It's not a third party app. I already tried the Safe Mode twice.
And it wasn't effective.

Please note: ever since, I've learned that this is a recurring problem with s9+. I've seen many users discuss it on other forums. Kindly look into it.
0 Likes
aditya27
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
same issue in my s8
0 Likes
JJBeginner25
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
is it still there? were you able to fix it?
0 Likes
JJBeginner25
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
hey guys, does this is issue still persist for you all?
0 Likes