Original topic:

Auto Hotspot | Mobile Hotspot sharing made incredibly easy

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 07:07 PM)
Admin
Community Manager
Options
Tech Talk

Tired of having to ask someone every time you needed to use a mobile hotspot?

Well, not anymore! Say hello to the newly introduced Auto Hotspot feature on all Samsung phones including the M-series, A-series and above (running One UI 2.0). The all new Auto Hotspot enables mobile internet to be shared with nearby Samsung devices without having to enter a password.

Capture.PNG

How does Auto Hotspot change the mobile internet sharing experience?

Let us explore three scenarios.

1. Hotspot sharing between multiple devices on the same Samsung account (“only your account” mode):

When logged into the same Samsung account, the auto hotspot feature allows nearby Samsung devices to remotely turn on and connect to the mobile hotspot on a host (primary) Samsung device whenever needed.

2.PNG

2. Hotspot sharing between family members (“family sharing” mode):
To make the hotspot sharing experience between family members even more seamless, the Auto Hotspot feature comes with a “Family Sharing” mode, allowing users to create family groups by searching & invite other Samsung Account members.
3.PNG

4.PNG

3. Hotspot sharing between nearby devices (“add allowed device” mode):
Nearby Samsung devices (capable of supporting auto hotspot) that are not signed into a Samsung Account can also be added into the family group for easier hotspot sharing, by selecting them as shown and adding them to the Family group.

5.PNG

FAQs
1. How can I check if my Samsung device would support the Auto hotspot feature?
The Auto Hotspot feature works on Samsung devices running One UI 2.0. To check if your device supports this feature, navigate to Settings > About Phone > Software Information > One UI version

2. How can I navigate to the Auto Hotspot control on my Samsung device?
Navigate through Settings > Connections > Tap on Mobile Hotspot & Tethering >
Tap on Mobile Hotspot > Auto Hotspot

6.PNG

3. How can I turn on the Auto Hotspot on my device for others to access my hotspot?
1. Sign into Samsung Account on the device (if not already done, as a pre-requisite).
2. Navigate to Settings > Connections > Tap on Mobile Hotspot & Tethering > Tap on Mobile Hotspot > Auto Hotspot (Toggle it ON)

4. How can I find and connect to an Auto Hotspot on another device near me?
Samsung devices with the auto hotspot feature would be listed under the “Auto Hotspot” section in Wi-Fi settings, as shown.

7.PNG

294 Comments
arjunkumawat
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
a7 2016 me auto hotspot work ?
0 Likes
koshingwar
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
hw to get
0 Likes
subashjain
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
sending requests for lives
but not getting life
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
any one here
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
when will Android 11 update comes
0 Likes
pàrth
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
it may come after diwale or after November
bikramguru
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
problem hotspots
0 Likes
Tech Talk
gallery
0 Likes
Tech Talk
gallery
0 Likes
sachin5392
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Samsung note 9 is going auto hanging up there so many .so how can solve my this problem @SamsungIndia #samsungIndia
0 Likes