Original topic:

App tracking protection

(Topic created on: 11-23-2021 10:12 AM)
Spacious
Active Level 7
Options
Tech Talk
Do you think Google and other apps should be tracking us everytime? And everywhere? 
Why don't they respect our privacy even when i disabled the Google app. 
This is very very bad to know that Google alone has made 29 attempts in a single night. Collecting our data and selling to different sites, apps or government's. 

Is there any way to protect tracking ?
I've just registered for the duckduckgo's app tracking protection and do you think is it good to use something like this ?

11 Comments
Rrao1
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
All these apps track us everywhere we go....while logging in,all the data goes to such sites . ...
Somehow, our data isn't protected
0 Likes
Spacious
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
This is really very bad to know 😕
There should be a way to stop this .
Jmprince
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
All these companies like Google, Facebook etc..they do track all our data, mic (what we talk), camera, GPS to gather the information so that they can show advertisements as well as they sell data to other market players. Imagine, why would Google give all services free for initial use. This is how they make money. Till now IOS is the most secured.
0 Likes
Spacious
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
They might be free but I don't want to use them and i think they should stop collecting our data in the first place and I didn't give them any permission to track me in different apps more over I've disabled the Google app.

We should stop encouraging this.
What do you think ?
0 Likes
Jmprince
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
I agree with you. We should definitely stop encouraging all this.
owl123
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
If you are using Android then there would be some amount of tracking even if you completely disable some Google apps. If you want to completely stop the tracking then you can use something like graphene os( google it) or iOS.
0 Likes
Spacious
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
That's true but don't you think, they should allow us choose what we share with apps and let us know what data they are collecting and why ?
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
That is already present in iOS. In app store there's a section where each app developer has to mention what data they are collecting and for what reason. Google is also doing something similar but it won't be coming until next year
0 Likes
Spacious
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Our lives are not ours anymore 😔
0 Likes