Original topic:

App lock

(Topic created on: 12-06-2021 03:33 PM)
owl123
Active Level 10
Options
Tech Talk
I saw few people asking for app lock almost every week. It is already present in Galaxy store and it's called secure folder(made by Samsung). I guess not many of them are aware of it. 

This is what the app looks like.

And when an app is locked, it looks like this.

It is working fine in my M31.

Here's the link

26 Comments
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Its not compatible after Android 11
diweshkumar
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Thank you
savage_arpit
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Anybody can uninstall this app and bypass the security..
It's a trash app
owl123
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
How can they uninstall if the phone is locked?
0 Likes
Tech Talk
App lock is only useful only when phone is already unlocked. If he is using App lock, it means he expects someone else to see his phone unlocked and expects App lock to save his private data
0 Likes
Tech Talk
I agree it's trash but a relatively secure way to use app - 1. Lock the apps you want. Also app lock game launcher, play store and galaxy store. 2. Hide s secure in One UI home. 3. Hide S secure in Game launcher.

Now no one who doesn't know your app lock password, can uninstal via galaxy or Google play store. There is no icon for it in launcher and it can't be found using Finder. If you must find app lock, you can find it in game launcher hidden behind the app lock.

If someone else wants to play a game, ask them to just search by finding from finder instead of unlocking app lock.

There are still ways to delete the app, but they are relatively less well known
Rupesh77
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
It doesn't work on new phones specially the one with android 11 and full one UI.
owl123
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
It's working in mine. I have one ui 3 core with android 11. Its M31
DJ23
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
It also works in my phone F41 having One UI 3.0 properly.