Highlighted
Active Level 7
I was sitting and watching TV, a very common activity to pass time when your under lockdown. You have to admit it, Corona pandemic gave us all, a whole lot of different experience. Hopefully (cause I cannot see anymore widespread dying) it will be once in lifetime adventure. Yeah!! I'll call it an adventure only. At first, people have to shift from "English" to "Desi" (if you understand what i want to say😏😏), and when stock for desi ran out in the market, people any how tried to control their withdrawal symptoms. Moreover,when these people just managed to overcome those sever rigors, and start thinking to quit drinking, just at that moment, RIGHT at that moment government shows some concern to the economy and thought to give it some heat, by what? by lifting ban on brewery sales🥴🥴🥴. Public soon put rules of social distancing on the side and desperately jumped to buy it 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. After wasting hours in the line under torturing heat of Indian summer 🥵🥵 and eagerly waiting for night to enjoy that fancy bottle of liquor that they just brought, government again puts ban over it as if they are poking people and checking their limits to control their heavy desire after giving a small bait 🥺🥺🥺. So yeah, for me it is an adventure. As I was saying, I was I was sitting and watching TV, I felt some strain in my eyes and that's when I realized, that I'm constantly looking at screens all day. I was watching TVs, phones, computers etc. so much that at the end of the day I got fully congested eye 😳😳. Then I understood importance of the "Dark Mode"

Source:Internet

Hello, I'm Ritvik Sharma; A tech curious  and an undergraduate student of medicine in Udaipur  Before I continue my blog further, I hope you all are doing good. Don't leave house until lockdown is called off. Wear mask, maintain hygiene and wash formites regularly. #Stayhomestaysafe

Is your eye getting red, burning, flushing tears falling out, feeling some sort of strain? Well, don't worry there is very good feature in your mobile that you can use to overcome such problems.

What is Dark Mode?
Dark mode is a very amazing feature which is specially designed considering the health problems related to watching at displays in night time. It reduces strain and other problems allowing user to comfortably work on their phones (and scroll Instagram stories before sleeping😅😅😅) and lying in the bed.

Should I really use it? I don't think there is any kind of problem in my eye
If you think that nothing can do wrong to your body then let me tell you, in world full of industries and full of technology, everything is dangerous to your health, even breathing might be dangerous to you because it contains many particulate matter and carcinogens that you can't even think of what will they cause you later. Same is with your eyes, eyes are very sensitive organ, just like skin, even sunlight can cause many damages to it. late night use of phones interferes with circadian rhythm (biological clock) of the body. Light rays coming from the screens is same as sunlight to some extent. It makes brain to perceive as daytime even it is 2 am, and that's why you might feel difficulty to sleep after using phones before taking your nap. And what can be the consequences of lack of sleep is something which I need not to tell anyone, as everyone know how sleep deprivation can silently ruin your courier.

Other than that, there is very high risks for many ocular cancers. There are some cases reported stating about sudden complete blindness in patients who used their phones in first 30 minutes after waking up to read news and facts. Other than that, there is very high risks for macular degenerations also. If I go into detail than probably the list would never end but the summary is that, machines that you are surrounded with, is spoiling your eyes slowly and silently.

How can I avoid these problems?
Dark mode creates somewhat like "dark theme" 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. It not only soothes your eyes when your using your phones in night or dark but also gives you a better reading/surfing experience at night. Nevertheless, it reduces risks of all those problems that I discussed with you above.

How does Dark mode helps to prevent these problems?

Basically light which comes out of these screens and damages our eyes are Blue light. Blue light resembles to that of sunlight to some extent. Dark mode uses negative contrast or in more simpler words, it creates a "dark theme". This not only reduces emission of bright light from the screen that irritates you but also reduces Blue-light specifically which disturbs your retina and biological clock.

Negative contrast. Source:Internet

Can I use this mode in any phone?
In Samsung, you can use it in phones having Android Pie (9.0) or more. You might get an option for it in Android Oreo (8.0) also in other phones but that was not so much appreciated due to some lack of features in it.

If have phones with lower versions of android, then don't be upset, you can get dark modes from play store and I would recommend to get some hacks from the Internet (Search on Youtube  that will give step to step instruction which will make it a little simple for you) but this may lead some problems.

How to use dark mode?
When ever you're in the dark, on the bed before going into your beauty sleep or after waking up in morning, you should just turn on the dark mode. In most of the phones you'll get an option for dark mode in your quick setting panel , you just have find it and click on it, now get relaxed on your comfy bed with AC on and roll up that soft blanket 🥂🥂 . If you don't have option (which is present most of the time) in the panel, then you can go into the display settings where you'll get option for dark mode.  

Yeah I get you, but.....I always forget to use dark mode when at right moment?
Don't worry, It is very common issue amongst people. Infact, it was an issue for me too 😅😅😅🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️. Samsung offers one more feature with the dark mode. If you have a regular schedule then, just add your duration for dark mode in the settings. Now, as per your scheduled duration, dark mode will automatically turned on even if you forget at the right moment.

TIP: You can add dark mode in the Bixby routines also 😎😎😎😎

Dark mode in Whatsapp

When I  turn on Dark mode some apps were still bright, why is that so?
It's because application should also support (basically, built in manner to support) the dark mode, even if you have dark mode in your phone. Luckily all Samsung applications supports dark mode. Other applications which supports dark mode are
• All Samsung applications
• Whatsapp
• Instagram
• Youtube
• Google and their associated applications (I was very impressed with dark mode of Google maps)
• Twitter
• Soundcloud
• Outlook
Many more other applications also support dark mode.

What other additional measure I can take to protect my vision from displays?
There are many other measures that you can add to your routine to protect your eyes from blue-light.
• Use "Blue-light filter" in your phone, hypothetically it kind of filters out harmful blue-light from other light from image on the screen. Though there will be little yellow tint in the image but soon you'll get used to it
• Avoid using mobiles or laptops 15 minutes prior to your sleep (genuinely 30-45 min. prior to your sleep, but I can't control using it)
• Get "Computer glasses" if you can, it have lens/glasses coated with blue light reflection layer. It reflects harmful blue light from the environment and allows remaining relatively good light to enter your in your yes (highly recommended for people having desk jobs, like calculating survey data all the time on your computers)
• Take frequent brakes
• Exercise your eyes
• Blink more often
• Put your phone in "Adaptive brightness" which changes brightness of your phones according to your surrounding, it not only saves battery but also decreases chances of excess brightness entering into your eyes.

TIP: You can use digital wellbeing also (One of the my favorite features of Samsung phones)😎😎😎

Computer glasses can give extra touch to your protection. Source:Internet

Other Advantages of dark mode?
• It has been stated that people having cataract have better reading experience in dark mode
• Saves battery, as it decreases unnecessary battery drainage from the display
• If you have some faulty pixels in your screen, then dark mode unveils a little less than the normal mode 😅😅😂🤪🤪

People are working non stop, rushing from one place to another, trying to make place in the world, constantly checking watches, doing multitasking but do you ever stop to even ask yourself that what you might be loosing to get money, fame or anything else which might cost a lot more than that. Somethings are more than anything in the world which even money cannot buy it. Take maximum out from your pervious time, but don't let your body sacrifice. Using technology is a very difficult trade-off between benefits you get from it and elements you're putting on the stake. So, give a little time to your mind and body, meditate and use some hacks to protect your body. Use dark mode when ever you feel right to use it. It's not that, Light mode is worst and full of problems, ofcourse light mode have it's own advantages but what matters is how you use things.
With this I would like to end my blog. If you have any query, please inform me in the comment section. And please like, share and comment. If you have suggestions for my blog please contact me, you're always invited.

Have a great successful life ahead.

Thank you

#Stayhomestaysafe

4 Comments
Highlighted
Expert Level 2
nice post bro..keep it up👍
Highlighted
Active Level 7
thank you very much for your compliment 😊😊😊😊
Highlighted