Original topic:

All about chargers and compatibility.

(Topic created on: 01-17-2022 01:27 PM)
Tech Talk
Which charger you should use with your device?
Are 3rd party chargers safe?
I have spare old charger of other brand should I use it on my phone or my other Galaxy device or not?

These are the questions that come to our mind when we think about chargers, right?

So let me try today to answer these questions for you.

First of all its always the best to use the charger bundled with your device. 

For Samsung we can divide charger intwo categories-
1. Samsung Fast or Super Fast charger/ (QC) Qualcomm Quick chargers.
2. Non QC supported chargers.

Now let's take a look of some original chargers, 3rd party chargers and other OEM chargers.👇👇

A. Samsung original Fast Charger, B. OPPO warp charger.

C. QC 3.0 supported 3rd party charger, D. Generic 2.4Amp charger.

Now let's talk aboutMaximum Watts a Charger can give.
Generally that's calculated asV×A = W 
As you can see in above images-

Charger A is 9x1.67=15.3W
Charger B is 5x6 = 30W 
Charger C is 12×1.5 = 18W
(It have one dedicated type C port which can give 20W max as it supports QC and PD)
Charger D is 5×2.4 = 12W

I haveS20FE andCharger A is original one so it's best to use. I can useCharger C too because my phone supportesQuick Charge 3. Same goes for your phones who . The Quick Charger compatibility information is easily available.

Generally, You can buy/Use any Samsung Fast Charger or Any QC charger for any Samsung phone because they adapts and change output according to the connected phone upto the MAX Wattage they support. 

So now its clear about what charger is the best to use with your phone. 

Now let's talk aboutwhat chargers aren't suitable for your phone and why? We will take example of My S20FE and the bundled original charger.

So as we know myS20FE supports 25W Maximum input from chargers andnone of chargers is giving 25W output. 

But there isCharger B which is Warp Charger and gives 30W output. 
So it's reasonable to think let's use 30W Charger and it will charge my phone at full speed. 

But nope it will not, why?
Because neither it's Not a QC certified charger nor it's Output (5V-6A) Matches my original chargers output in anyhow. 

So always keep in minddon't just think about it's 18W charger or 30W Charger, but look for the Volts and Amperes it gives as output. 
If thosedoesn't match with your original charger, and it'snot a QC charger it will neither charge your phone at full speed and it's evenhazardous for your phone as well as the charger itself.  

Now let's talk about accessories.
For example Here is a Samsung Wireless Charger👇

Samsung Wireless Charging duo.

As you can see there is Input Voltage is written on its back which is9V-1.67A

Which means it won't work with any charger which doesn't give that exact output. 

And from the above chargers onlySamsung Original Charger aka Charger A can give that output so it will only work if that's connected to the Samsung Original charger.

I don't know if you made it to the end😂😂,
But if you did comment down there if you learnt something new today.
Make sure to mention if I missed something. 

Peace✌️

26 Comments
Tech Talk
This why
Samsung Strongly
Recommend To Use Charger Provided With Box Or Any Samsung Certified Adaptive Charger

This way batter life won't get hurted
Tech Talk
Exactly 💯
Tech Talk
Anyway your post is very useful to users 👐
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Awesome 👌 👏 👍
Amazing 👏 🙀 😯
Informative post !
Tech Talk
Thank you. 😊
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Bro , A user is trying to update his Z Fold 3 through smart switch because FOTA already released but he didn't receive.
If he uses Mac ( it says device disconnected)

Or windows( keeps on saying checking for environment to download)
Any solution
Tech Talk
Reset the system
Then Try Updating
If problem still didn't solved then download this samsung usb driver for windows as a Samsung dev forum member this works most time
: link 1:https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Ok! Will tell him
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
System means PC or Phone ??