Original topic:

About Antivirus

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 03:56 AM)
Jomyjoy
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
Whether it is required an antivirus software for smartphones. What is your opinion about Kaspersky internet security.

14 Comments
bapumugri
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
not need
Jomyjoy
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
thanks
0 Likes
Tech Talk
You don't need any anti-virus software in 2020, there is absolutely nothing an antiviurs software does that your android doesn't (except consuming more resources).
Jomyjoy
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
thanks
0 Likes
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tech Talk

I'm using the paid version of Kaspersky Internet Security for the last few months and work as expected and it never hinders with performances or battery life.

it deleted malware and spyware multiple times in my experience

*The first instance I was looking for a cracked apk and downloaded something malicious and Kaspersky detected it immediately and moved to the quarantine.

* It identified snap tube (3rd party app for downloading YouTube videos/audio) as adware. Later Snap tube alleged for defrauding both users and advertisers to generate material financial returns.

*it predicted and detected ToTok as spyware and later on Google removed ToTok from play store for the same reason.

The best part is on the free version you get almost all features. it's better than having no security since the security patch is not properly sent by OEMs.

Jomyjoy
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
thanks
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
if you find it helpful please, accept it as a solution ☝by clicking the 3 dot icon on the top right-hand corner 🙂
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
I would like to add one more point as well. it can effectively block malicious links as well and it saved my back several times
immi007
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
cool