Original topic:

WhatsApp beta for Android 2.22.7.11: what’s new?

(Topic created on: 03-15-2022 07:15 PM)
RachithaKaushan
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Expert
WhatsApp is rolling out a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 2.22.7.11.

WhatsApp is finally rolling out the global voice note player!

There is finally good news. After rolling out the global voice note player to users on WhatsApp Desktop beta and WhatsApp beta for iOS, WhatsApp is enabling the same feature to certain beta testers on WhatsApp beta for Android!

Thanks to this feature, you will be able to play voice notes even if you switch to a different conversation so you can send a message to a different contact while you’re playing a voice note received in another chat.
To discover if the feature is available for your WhatsApp account, just play a voice message and go back to your chats list: if you see a new player bar, it means the feature is enabled!
Note that this is not limited to voice notes, but the new player is also compatible with incoming and outgoing audio files, that have received some changes recently.
If you don’t see the new player while playing a voice note and switching to a different chat thread, don’t worry: the feature has been rolled out to certain beta testers, and more activations will be following later.

4 Comments
Tech Expert
Hi Rachitha is this something you typed out yourself?
Tech Expert
If I being honest,I just kinda edited the news! And The screenshot is mine! Because I'm also whatsapp beta tester! Also this is copied from WA beta info
Tech Expert
Ah ok! Next time give the source and credit as to where u got the information from 🙂
Tech Expert
Sure!