Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

tab s6 keyboard cover issues

(Topic created on: 01-15-2020 09:12 PM)
amruth3
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
I have seen many online reviews that the tab s6 keyboard case is not sticking properly to the back if it is removed for even few times, because of its hybrid adhesive and suction technology, whereas the book cover has no such issue, probably because it uses magnet instead. I have also read a comment on YouTube that Samsung had fixed the issue. any idea on this, and can I buy the keyboard case without being afraid or should I better wait for the book cover to reach Indian markets ref: https://youtu.be/GPaG8hcYA_8

1 Comment
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

Hello  amruth3,

Apologies !! for a delayed response.

Your concern is valid since you have seen many online reviews.

There are three scenarios involved in this situation.

#1, User either purchased or got review units, but their way of applying the book cover was not correct.

#2, User used liquid cleaners, chemical wipe on the back metallic surface of tab, also they tried same wipe on the suction tape which further made application worse.

#3, User actually got a defective unit from Samsung.

Now for the 1st two scenarios, the only fix is to apply the book cover correctly.

Just clean the tab back surface with a soft cloth, remove the thin film from the suction tape and put the back piece on the back surface getting in line wit the S-pen location. After that apply a gentle pressure on the entire back surface and its done.

Some blame is on Samsung also to not include a proper application manual giving the user an accurate idea on how to apply the book cover. 

For #3, the defective unit can be replaced from Samsung by claiming warranty.

Coming to your question, whether you should buy or wait?

If the book covers use case scenarios (as mentioned in my article also) and price justifies for your requirement, go ahead and buy the book cover without hesitation. The suction holding capacity of back piece is incredible and it gives very tight grip while holding the tab with either both/single hand/s or when tab is inclined on it while using it as a laptop. The mechanism is far more efficient than using magnet for same purpose. Also you can remove the back piece and reapply based on requirement, there is no such official update from Samsung that how many times a user can do so.

The good thing is accessory comes with 1 year official warranty, so if at all you face any issues, it can be replaced via official Samsung service center.

Should you wait for book cover accessory as you mentioned, that's completely your call. As of now there is no official communication regarding the launch of same in Indian market.

Cheers !!

SunnySung

" Mark Accept solutions if my response meets your requirements. "