Original topic:

Screen off memo glitch

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 05:37 PM)
cadipeshahuja
Active Level 3
Options
Tablets
I'm using Samsung Galaxy tab S6 LTE. I noticed a small Glitch in Screen Off memo feature. While the screen is off and I detach the Spen, the screen automatically turns on. Either I have to wait for screen to go off or I have to press the power button in order to start using screen off memo feature. Ideally there should be an option that when I detach the Spen from tablet,  the screen should remain off so that screen off memo feature can be used perfectly. Anybody else facing this issue?
0 Likes
4 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Check device in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
cadipeshahuja
Active Level 3
Tablets
Tried the options but it doesn't work. screen is still turning on when detaching spen. Not sure if this can be fixed as part of next update for tab s6.
0 Likes
Altroz
Active Level 3
Tablets
go to settings and then search for 'when s pen is removed' then choose then tweak the setting! this might work!
0 Likes
cadipeshahuja
Active Level 3
Tablets
i tried that already. i have selected 'Do Nothing' but when I remove the spen, the screen turns on.
0 Likes