Original topic:

STYLUS (Tab A9+ 5G)

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 11:53 PM)
SHP77
Active Level 2
Options
Tablets
My third party capacitive stylus is not working properly after one UI 6.0 update. Before it was working properly (A9+ 5G)
10 Comments
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Kindly reset factory data without backup of apps then try to it's again. If you like please accept as a solution it's help to others users also, click on 3dots in my reply section and click on accept solution. Thanks.
0 Likes
SHP77
Active Level 2
Tablets
Are you sure? There's a lot of important data in my tab and it is difficult to do an external back up
0 Likes
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Use smart switch. Thanks.
0 Likes
goodthings
Expert Level 5
Tablets
Your's most welcome to here.
cs_member8
Options
Tablets

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we want to inform you that we always recommend using genuine samsung accessories with your device, kindly contact the respective stylus helpline to resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SHP77
Active Level 2
Tablets
Then I kindly urge you(Samsung) to develope a pen for non S series devices
Sparsh28
Active Level 3
Tablets
Hey, buddy which stylus are you using with your tab? I have a A9+ Wi-Fi and would really love a pen right now.
0 Likes
SHP77
Active Level 2
Tablets
I'm using this one purchased from Amazon ( around ₹1500 ).. but after one UI 6 update it is working only when used at an angle as shown in the picture. I don't know whether it is the issue with the pen or tablet.( after update sometimes the screen is not registering my touch also, the pen is working perfectly fine with my phone). I think the disc tipped pen of Amazon basics (₹400) would work better. I have to try that later. [ I think you are aware about the fact that A series doesn't support active stylus(-no palm rejection, pressure sensitivity etc). So not suitable for long note writing. You can scroll, mark or highlight some words, attempt quizes etc without any problem]20240304_234123_1000005365_1709575911.jpg
Sparsh28
Active Level 3
Tablets
Thanks a lot for this. And as far as I know almost everyone after receiving the oneui 6 update in tab A9 is reporting touch issues, so I'll giving all the credit to the tab for not working properly. This bug is also the reason why Tab A9 Wifi versions haven't received any updates. Most probably Samsung will iron this out so it's back to working normal.

My use case for the stylus is going to very basic only but if you ever intend to use it for sketching, maybe invest in art gloves. They are for half a hand and usually help with the palm rejection issue.

Again thanks a lot for the info :)