Original topic:

Koh confirms Samsung will launch the Galaxy Fold in India

(Topic created on: 03-08-2019 10:35 AM)
RushabhTimbadia
Active Level 7
Options
Tablets
Indian market is, I clearly said, most important market — not only investment and everything, my long-term commitment is towards the market. In this market, why will I not deliver my newest technology innovation? Yes, I will do,” Koh said, when asked about plans for launching the Galaxy Fold. He didn’t say when the handset would be available in the country, though. Samsung will release it in the United States and South Korea on April 26. Whether or not India gets it on the same day has not yet been confirmed. It will start at $1,980 in the United States. Koh also mentioned that Samsung would like to manufacture the Galaxy Fold in India. The company already makes its flagship smartphones locally to compete on price as there are higher taxes on imported devices. It’s unlikely this will be possible initially, though. Koh pointed out that Samsung wants to consolidate manufacturing of the Galaxy Fold at one facility. It makes sense as the first-generation device will only be sold in limited quantities. This might change down the line when Samsung launches additional foldable smartphones. According to reports, the company has two new foldable devices in development. One of which is destined to arrive towards the end of this year
0 Likes
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets
👍
0 Likes
Tablets
♥️
0 Likes
Tablets
♥️