Original topic:

Article#3_Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard Cover_11k worth??

(Topic created on: 12-15-2019 12:33 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Dear Members,

Getting official Accessories for our beautiful galaxy devices adds considerable cost to our pocket, and Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard Cover is no exception to this. Samsung is retailing this innovative and useful add-on for INR 10999, but the question is; is it even worth for our hard-earned money??

Let’s dive-in to the article to find out.

Samsung had launched the keyboard accessories for their premium tablet in the past also, but none of them are close to this latest innovation from Samsung. I will explain why??

This cover comes in two pieces and each of them serve its own purpose:

• The back Piece which serves 3 purposes:
    • Top portion acts the protection case for mighty S-Pen, which means no more worrying to lose the S-pen or accidental removal from the tab
    • Middle portion has the unique suction tape which has tiny micro pores in it creating a vacuum suction force to stick it to the metallic tablet surface, the result is very tight holding grip for the tablet. This mechanism eradicates the requirement of adhesive or any magnet.
    • Bottom portion is the kickstand with a durable hinge, which helps to align the tab in multiple angles based on viewing requirements.
  • The Slip Book-Cover Keyboard piece which has below purposes:
    • First is the keyboard itself, with a count of total 64 keys, it gives a decent typing experience with an optimum key travel and satisfying key-tap sound.It attaches to the tab magnetically and powers up via POGO pin connectors.
    • Secondly when not in use, the keyboard acts a cover protection the tab display. The appearance and feel is similar to a thin book lying on a table.

On attaching both the pieces to the tablet, the result is extremely versatile & portable (Light weight) laptop solution with multiple use cases. The net weight ~ 780 gm (360 gm for accessory and 420 gm for tablet) which is lesser than some of premium ultra-books available in market.

Now the big question, whether we should buy it or not. Well the answer is:

• YES: If the intention is to convert the tablet into a laptop replacement, which translates to the requirement to use the tablet for Productivity applications (which involves frequent typing); the addition of touch-pad is really a bonus as it eases out the navigation experience, it also has two finger support with swiping/pinch zoom gestures.
  • NO: If the tablet is mainly used for casual time pass / entertainment purpose like binge watch videos, play games etc. etc. However, some cheaper alternatives can be used for basic tablet protection. The included S-pen also comes handy for basic navigation on the screen.

Final Thoughts:

Most of cases accessories are specific to their parent product and follow their design and dimension scheme. In this case also, the tablet design intent is to make compact, lightweight and portable solution, hence, the accessory should also comply with it. For ex: the regular alphabet keys are well-sized and offer decent typing, but some keys are cramped up (to achieve the compact design) and causes accidental wrong inputs. This can be fixed in future if company increases tablet size, which will give more room for the key size. Also giving an option to modify the key functionality like assigning volume control, media control, brightness control etc. can further enhance the user experience of using the keyboard.

Cheers !!

SunnySung

Disclaimer: The view expressed in the article are user’s own; & do not imply any paid promotion from Samsung. 

"

Feel free to post your views/feedback related to this article by replying.

If you like to read my previous articles, head towards this channel.

For newer articles, do follow this channel.

"

4 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Tablets
Idk if one should but it for 11k but i brought it for 5.5k during offer and its totally worth it. I would suggest buying this if budget is not a restraint. Nice post btw.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets
Thank you Aashish for the feedback.👍
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tablets

hello RjOnS9,

This is my own review based on my research & experience. Saying this, i would like to thank you for appreciating my work. Its satisfying to know that you found my article informative.

Its a bonus to have this accessory considering the multiple use-case scenarios it serves, as explained in the article too.

Coming to your query, unfortunately Samsung hasn't launched the 8GB+256GB variant for Indian Market. Now next quetion may come to your mind that will samsung launch in future, so by seeing the previous tab launches, i doubt !! because samsung has never launched higher memory tab variants for Indian Market in past.

Cheers !!

SunnySung

" Do visit my channel to read my previous articles, and follow to read upcoming one. Mark Accept solutions if my response meets your requirements. "

amruth3
Active Level 2
Tablets
I have seen many online reviews that the tab s6 keyboard case is not sticking properly to the back if it is removed for even few times, because of its hybrid adhesive and suction technology, whereas the book cover has no such issue, probably because it uses magnet instead.
I have also read a comment on YouTube that Samsung had fixed the issue.
any idea on this, and can I buy the keyboard case without being afraid or should I better wait for the book cover to reach Indian markets

ref: https://youtu.be/GPaG8hcYA_8
0 Likes