Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Remove Smart View & Device Control Buttons From Quick Panel Dropdown Menu

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 08:13 AM)
borgese0
Beginner Level 4
Options
Suggestions

With the new One UI 6 update, the full dropdown menu of the Quick Panel from the top of the screen now has buttons for Smart View and Device Control. I find these features completely useless and have no desire to have them constantly show when I never use them. They're a waste of space and a bit of an eye sore. There should be an option to remove these buttons. Adding to that, I do not find the new layout more efficient and would appreciate the option to have everything grouped as I want it, as it used to be. This is an example of trying to fix something that isn't broken. At least give the option to customize what settings the buttons can consist of, if they need to stay there. In some sense, grouping the Eye Comfort Shield and Dark Mode is efficient, but unnecessary. I'm rather upset with this layout being forced on users with no other options.

5 Comments
IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Suggestions

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We really appreciate you taking the time to share valuable comments, and taking your valuable feedback, We are continuously working to make our products better and more efficient.

kindly share the log file. Without a log file we cannot analyze this issue, Also share video clips and images for better understanding and report this issue with the log file. This will help us to further investigate and resolve this issue.

To attach the log file: Samsung member > Click on beta banner > Switch to beta mode > Beta feedback > Send feedback > Error report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
DofN
Active Level 1
Suggestions

You did not & do not need the report to answer the simple question that is also wanted/needed by the many thousands of disgruntled owners of "one ui 6 ruined" S23 Ultra phones - plus all of the other models.

Please just give the Samsung community  the simple answer

0 Likes
DofN
Active Level 1
Suggestions

Dear India team

Please simply answer the original question or get the Korean Smart Team to answer it

JPatt
Beginner Level 3
Suggestions

1000023697.jpg

 Dear Samsung, how do you send a beta log for something that the phone doesn't see is broken? Instead, here is an image-screenshot of the problem. I hate the device control and smart view on my drop down, and want the option to remove them. Thanks.

DofN
Active Level 1
Suggestions

A ridiculous obfuscating request for a log file report.

It is unnecessary and likely to be, as many have suggested, a futher breach of privacy  

0 Likes