Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Enable remote lock

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 11:19 AM)
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Options
Suggestions
New software update broke my phone. It got locked after restart as usual asked for PIN. I kept entering the PIN it kept saying PIN is invalid. I am using the same PIN for 9 years. I had to do a hard reset. Lost all my content because all the backup that had happened after updating to One UI 2.0 doesn't exist. It simply doesn't back up anything! Now I can't use biometrics because it says " Screenlock was already changed. Try again with new Screen Lock"!
This is the weirdest reason for me to have erase data. Can't believe my luck. 
Just enable remote unlock from find my phone. If that was enabled probably I wouldn't have to do a factory reset of my phone!  
Very very bad experience. 
8 Comments
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Suggestions
Don't trust online backup. Install Smart switch on your PC/Laptop and backup everything locally.
0 Likes
kssraju
Active Level 4
Suggestions
yes I too had the same problem
kssraju
Active Level 4
Suggestions
samsung please release a fix for it in beta 2. I also did a hard reset and using without pin
Suggestions
i did the very same thing and most of the things were backed up except the last three days. Samsung did warn us tho to save our data and this same thing happened with me in the last beta update when ONE UI newly came!
kurohige
Active Level 1
Suggestions
i had remote unlock enabled and it still did not help. I had to factory reset and I have to use my phone without a password or pin. Really annoying bug even though it is a beta
Robs2019
Active Level 1
Suggestions
Really It happened to me also...its so bad..deleting so many files without reason..and what then device lock is not working..
vishwasb
Active Level 3
Suggestions
this is so **bleep** stupid.. what to do now... reset is the only option it seems.
0 Likes
Bhava003
Active Level 7
Suggestions
Lock screen problem solved by Samsung.
0 Likes