Original topic:

Blocking marketing text messages

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 06:29 AM)
Dhananjayan
Active Level 3
Options
Suggestions
Dear Sir/mam

Many marketing text messages were coming nowadays. When we open text messages, there is only one option available- " delete option". I request you to add option to block such text messages directly with ease.

I'm sharing screen shot for your reference. 

Thanks

6 Comments
Abhiyanshu
Active Level 5
Suggestions
Switch on DND on your SIM my friend. The promotional source details are never same, so there is no use to block them. The best option is turn on dnd for your carrier
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Suggestions
Yes. DND is best option, but carriers selling the numbers to agencies and still we getting so many msgs. If we complaint then they will as the SMS/calls and asking the content date time etc. and finally they say your call will be answered in a week. This is never ending story.
0 Likes
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Suggestions
Yes please give this option !
0 Likes
MoeedKazi
Active Level 1
Suggestions
There was already a feature 3 years back in Samsung message app called block by phrase. You could just block a sender by adding a word or a phrase.. like loan or fre gift. This feature was super handy in blocking these annoying messages which don't have a number to block as they use Internet to send these messages.

Samsung please bring back that feature.

We have to use other 3rd party messaging apps to block these messages and are moving away from Samsung message app.

Please bring back the old feature.
IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Suggestions

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and we appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

MoeedKazi
Active Level 1
Suggestions
Hello Samsung Customer Support,

Any timelime as to when will this functionality be incorporated?
0 Likes