Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Add ″AM″ and ″PM″ to Status Bar Clock ✅

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 07:52 AM)
McSHUR1KEN
Active Level 3
Options
Suggestions
I have used 2 Samsung devices in the past 2 years and I have not yet seen this; quite disappointing and strange, since the setting for the 24-hour / 12-hour time format does show ″AM″ and ″PM″, but it never shows it in the status bar. It really, really bothers me and probably many other people as well.

It is such a minute (haha) thing to add. Kindly, please do it. It would be super cool of you.

Thanks!

Update: The setting is now finally available in the latest version of Good Lock′s QuickStar module, under ″Show AM/PM″!
5 Comments
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Suggestions
I don't think it's required. because we know day & night. then why we need extra letters to block the status bar.
McSHUR1KEN
Active Level 3
Suggestions
I have seen many ignorant people make this same idiotic argument. What type of a small phone do you have that makes you this insecure of your screen′s real estate with literally 2 extra letters? Besides, then maybe you can use the 24-hour time format?

Just because the day/night cycle is typical in India, it does not mean it would be the same everywhere else. Take into consideration snowy or stormy overall conditions in other regions, or a region like Norway where the sun does not even rise across seasons. Additionally, not every apartment in the world is facing the outside world; some have zero windows or natural sources of light (shocking, but true). Lastly, people that work or sleep irregularly may easily lose track of time as well. But yes, we cannot afford 2 extra letters in our status bar because we want to keep all our TikTok notifications untouched there, right?

It is actually pretty idiotic how this simple thing has not been added yet and the people have not only accepted it but also rationalize its absence with foolish justifications such as your comment.

TL;DR: India is not the world.
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Suggestions
OK brother. don't say idiotic argument. I never said your opinion is idiotic. I just shared my thoughts. there is better way to deny my comment. I know India is not the world. even I have few friends in Norway also. hope you understand. I wish you to get am & pm. All the best. BTW I'm using note 20 ultra as well as Galaxy Tab 7 plus.
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Suggestions
Show AM/PM now added via Good lock apps - Quickstar. (One UI 3.0 beta)

Screenshot_20201214-181758_QuickStar.jpg

IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Suggestions

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and we appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes