Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5G support

(Topic created on: 11-28-2020 03:53 PM)
AkshayJainThodar
Active Level 3
Options
Suggestions
As i observed some sites exynos 990 processor supports 5G network so please fix it for S20 plus
7 Comments
SamPro
Active Level 8
Suggestions
it might require an external modem to get supported. anyways, there is no appropriate band available in India to support 5G. so no point of looking at that.
Sohaik
Beginner Level 3
Suggestions
S20 plus in India
its only 4 G network and phone only how it can be 5 G network
0 Likes
Suggestions
5g modem isnt availabile on the series launched in India... This is how we were cheated more.. We paid the same price for a device that doesn't have a lot of stuff the exynos models from Europe has! (India doesnt hav 5g yet.. But still.. Cud have supported it)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Suggestions
NOT REALLY.

we HAVE the 5g modem...that's what kills the battery....(never wondered why your phone on FLIGHT MODE is so good with sot?)

anyway...what's missing is the firmware config and the physical antennas...if ypu were to open the phone...there will be spaces for them open.
Suggestions
I understand that.. But whats the point in jus skipping the antenna and releasing it like another varient entirely? Money mongers! 💰
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Suggestions
can't really say you're wrong.

if 5g was even a remote possibility here....i would be pissed.

but when 4g is still under developed....who cares
Suggestions
True, its only an issue for the ones who plan on keeping the device for over 2-3 years.. Anyway, lets c when the time comes whats in store!
This is stil a pain if we ever get to go abroad to a place with 5g connection and our devices doesnt support.!
0 Likes