Active Level 3
Options
Secure Folder
Plz allow for m31 secure folder for upcoming updates 
11 Comments
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Not possible because Secure Folder requires Knox which is hardware based security and isn't available in M31 so it can't be provided through software update.
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Secure Folder
Nope, I know how Knox works. It's not a hardware based thing, it is a security key like Google's Titan Security Key which you get like a Pen-Drive Solution like that. Like Knox it added by kernel, when developers write program their other department in Knox write other inscript and add those in the programming line and if you look closer by tincturing on Download Mode you can see if Knox is 0×0 then the Knox key isn't broken but if it's 0×1 then someone try to breakthrough the Knox security and it's attempt no. 1. Like that, those video they release are just market commercials attracting people to see their wonderful hardware but it's not really like that.
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
What I knew so far was that there's a chip called TIMA chip which is integrated into the motherboard of the phones for Knox security.
You can find you that TIMA mentioned in the software information section in Settings. 😅😅😅👇👇👇

Even all BA's in this community and Youtubers says that Knox is a hardware level security.

clipboard_image_1620796960476_1620796960476.jpg

HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Secure Folder
Nope, it's hardware and software based features not a chip

Screenshot_20210512-142901_Google.jpg

souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
I know bro it's a both hardware and software based security.

As the hardware isn't available in M31 so Samsung can't provide Secure Folder cause it's comes to Privacy so Samsung can't take risk by providing only a software level security as it can be hacked easily but as Knox is also a hardware based security so it's difficult to H@ck it as compared to only software based security.
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Secure Folder
But M31 has Knox do you want to know?
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Yes I know but it's only software level not hardware level.
All devices that have hardware level Knox show the KNOX word in reboot screen and M31 doesn't show that KNOX word in reboot screen.
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Secure Folder
Because they didn't activated it, it is hidden in this phone and also TIMA hardware is installed but they don't activate it because money matters to them, same as Carrier Aggregation 😔
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
How did you know that Knox hardware is in M series devices but Samsung hasn't activated it?
Can you provide me your source?