Original topic:

Matter of Utmost Concern

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 08:38 PM)
Prasenjit
Active Level 4
Options
Secure Folder
Is a smartphone supposed to lag and freeze frequently when it consumes more than 70% of it's internal file storage? If that is so, why do companies provide that much storage to begin with? Say for an instance, I have a Galaxy J7 Max with an internal storage of 32GB. With apps and files on Secure Folder & My Knox I'm left with 10GB remaining on board and needless to say the phone lags like crazy. Is it supposed to? If it is then that implies I can never fill up the phone's total file storage provided by the company. In that case, why doesn't Samsung provide us with the option of integrating Knox with the SD card?
0 Likes
4 Comments
matrix
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
youre not supposed to add that much to the internal storage othervise the random writes and reads will suffer alot and cause lags
it will also cause the caches and other stuff used by apps to have less space to occupy and itll lag
and j7 max is a midranger 32 gb is perfectly normal for a phone of that rice range ~
they changed their flagship line to 64 gb base
0 Likes
Prasenjit
Active Level 4
Secure Folder
What about the other half of my question?
0 Likes
matrix
Active Level 7
Secure Folder
thats cause thats external storage
knox does not work like that
atleast you get external storage
those are getting removed faster than the headphone jack
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your concern. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. The relevant department may serve you better/speedily, if you can provide logs/video by registering this feedback in Error Section (Samsung Members App -> Feedback -> Questions/Errors -> Create -> Error reports).

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes