Original topic:

Inquiry about secure folder in M31s as it shows protected by Knox

(Topic created on: 08-13-2020 03:37 PM)
RohitNowal
Active Level 1
Options
Secure Folder
I have a question for samsung that what is the type of knox used in galaxy m31s as it shows on boot screen that "secured by knox" but in real there is no secure folder, no samsung pay and s secure app is provided in the device. 

Is the same is provided with future update or only for marketing purposes by samsung 🤔?

14 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
yes it has knox but no secure folder nor will get by future update
RohitNowal
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
But Why they are doing the same ?? for marketing purposes?
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
to make differentiate between series, segments
RohitNowal
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
m10s has knox but yes it lacks in many other aspects,,
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
if in future plan to buy always go for A series ,a50s or above that
to enjoy full features of one ui
RohitNowal
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
Yes you are right but I talked to support they says that working is going on the same. so maybe in future they provide the secure folder in m31s too but with a difference maybe??
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
because no secure folder in one ui core device as secure folder is also device specific...among all m series only m10s contains secure folder because it is one ui device not core
RohitNowal
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
yes but I talked to the Samsung support for the same and they says that they ate working on it,, so maybe (take it with a pinch of salt) the same feature maybe available in m31s too with some difference..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Secure Folder
then it's better but as I know Samsung gave secure folder pre installed only never heared any devices have to install secure folder from sites.... don't know how ui core device will support it