Original topic:

Does the backed up Secure Folder data go to Samsung Cloud?

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 11:32 AM)
triaasteria42
Active Level 6
Options
Secure Folder
So there is this backup option in the Secure Folder. Where does this backed up data go? Does it go to the Samsung Cloud or OneDrive? Also, lets say my phone gets lost and I buy a new Samsung phone. When I log into the new Samsung phone with the same Samsung Account, and restore my backed up data, will my Secure Folder data get restored as well or will it be no longer attainable? Also, if the Secure Folder data is backed up to the Samsung Cloud or OneDrive, what will happen if there is a data breach in these cloud services? Won't our Secure Folder data be compromised and Samsung's whole Knox security thing get crushed?

The screen recording

19 Comments
Secure Folder
As per the Samsung Knox policy, Secure Folder Data when backed up is stored in Samsung Cloud encrypted with your Samsung Account and you can also take backckup using Samsung Smart Switch Mobile on a usb or sd carc or using Samsung Smart Switch PC on windows and Mac also. Although there are no breaches but no online data is fully secure so it will be handled as per the Samsung Knox Privacy policy and Cybersecurity laws on the country you live in .
triaasteria42
Active Level 6
Secure Folder
If I phone gets lost and I buy a new Samsung phone and log in with the Samsung account, will my Secure Folder data get restored?
Secure Folder
Yes with same Samsung Account make sure your backup is complete 👌
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Valid questions!
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
However, this is shown on my A52S5G. Which model is your phone?
Screenshot_20220612-125111_Secure Folder_7130_1655018514.jpg
Secure Folder
First add Samsung Account, if need advanced help dm on telegram
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
It's no longer supported
Screenshot_20220612-134656_Secure Folder_7134_1655022112.jpg
Secure Folder
If you use Samsung Smart Switch PC to take backckup then it may show an option for secure folder 📂
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
Not sure. Have you tried this in newer phones?