Original topic:

samsung pay region change?

(Topic created on: 12-26-2020 08:14 PM)
Jenta
Active Level 2
Options
Samsung Pay
Hi guys i have noticed that samsung pay is showing me offers not from my country and i cant seem to change my location. Plz note i dont know if this changes anything but i did buy my phone from amazon US. 
I really need to change geo-location of the store 

Kimd regards
11 Comments
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Hi there. Samsung devices are calibrated to work differently in different regions. Due to this reason you will not be able to change the region. The only solution to this problem is to re- flash for device. This is a risky process for you to do by yourself and I am not sure if the Samsung service center will do this for you. if the Samsung pay functions work properly for you, I advice you to leave it as it is. Hope this helps..
0 Likes
Jenta
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
yeah it works just fine only problem is that im missing on all the cool offers from my country since samsung pay lunched 2 months ago
0 Likes
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
ohh.. thats bad. I get great offers on my Samsung Pay too. The app is region specific. Have you tried allowing the location permissions for the app and finding offers based on your location?
0 Likes
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Please try this and let me know if this works. If it works , you will receive vouchers and deals specific to your location.

Screenshot_20201226-195626_Settings_1495.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-195532_Samsung Pay_1493.jpg

0 Likes
Jenta
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
unfortunately no dice still same as before getting USA deals
0 Likes
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Did you switch on and activate your phone in the US?
0 Likes
Jenta
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
nope i bought my phone from amazon US because i wanted the snapdragon version u see
0 Likes
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Ohh. I'm sorry I have no idea how else to help you. Which region are you using it in right now ?
0 Likes
Jenta
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
thanks for your help.. anyways im using the phone in kuwait. next time im buying from local showroom and save my self the hassle