Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

samsung pay for NFC enabled devices

(Topic created on: 07-06-2019 08:53 PM)
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Options
Samsung Pay
how can i activate/use samsung pay on my galaxy j7 pro? it supports NFC and two of my friends have the same question with their s9 models. i can't install the app on neither of these devices. is this service not supported in some countries?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung Pay
please check the below link with eligible Samsung devices, I can't find J series supported here in UAE, I don't think its available on J series in other countries:
https://www.samsung.com/ae/samsung-pay/?cid=ae_smgpay_laun_w_ppc_sm_samsungpay_en_190416_56065643900...

View solution in context

Solution
Samsung Pay
Samsung pay requires additional hardware that can emulate a magnetic stripe on a conventional debit/credit card. With this hardware you can use samsung pay to pay at any terminal where a conventional card is supported. Some devices which have NFC lack this specific hardware. The payments made with NFC needs specific NFC readers other than conventional card readers. That's the reason samsung pay doesn't work on certain devices.
Samsung pay is not supported in most of the countries, and banks.

Hope samsung will add support to more banks and will extend their support to more countries.

View solution in context

14 Comments
Solution
Samsung Pay
please check the below link with eligible Samsung devices, I can't find J series supported here in UAE, I don't think its available on J series in other countries:
https://www.samsung.com/ae/samsung-pay/?cid=ae_smgpay_laun_w_ppc_sm_samsungpay_en_190416_56065643900...
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
thanks!!
RyoSan
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
it is availavle for some other regions on a different version call samsung pay mini, however this version is not available in gulf region
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung Pay
Samsung pay requires additional hardware that can emulate a magnetic stripe on a conventional debit/credit card. With this hardware you can use samsung pay to pay at any terminal where a conventional card is supported. Some devices which have NFC lack this specific hardware. The payments made with NFC needs specific NFC readers other than conventional card readers. That's the reason samsung pay doesn't work on certain devices.
Samsung pay is not supported in most of the countries, and banks.

Hope samsung will add support to more banks and will extend their support to more countries.
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
thanks for the info!
0 Likes
RyoSan
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
S-pay doesnt work on the devices which support nfc only the device need to jave both nfc and mst to use gulf region version of s-pay.
Yet for ur friends devices, you need to to check the IMEI if the device is imprted from other region it will not work.
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
thanks, but turns out it isnt avaliable in my country. the weird part is why is this written in my nfc settings when my device doesnt support mobile payment
0 Likes
aramis
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
J series is not supported but s9 should
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
yeah looks like it isnt avaliable in my country at all. though its weird of samsung to write me this when my device doesnt support mobile payjng
0 Likes