Highlighted
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
how can i activate/use samsung pay on my galaxy j7 pro? it supports NFC and two of my friends have the same question with their s9 models. i can't install the app on neither of these devices. is this service not supported in some countries?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasselK
Active Level 7
please check the below link with eligible Samsung devices, I can't find J series supported here in UAE, I don't think its available on J series in other countries:
https://www.samsung.com/ae/samsung-pay/?cid=ae_smgpay_laun_w_ppc_sm_samsungpay_en_190416_56065643900...

View solution in original post

MittuVichu
Active Level 10
Samsung pay requires additional hardware that can emulate a magnetic stripe on a conventional debit/credit card. With this hardware you can use samsung pay to pay at any terminal where a conventional card is supported. Some devices which have NFC lack this specific hardware. The payments made with NFC needs specific NFC readers other than conventional card readers. That's the reason samsung pay doesn't work on certain devices.
Samsung pay is not supported in most of the countries, and banks.

Hope samsung will add support to more banks and will extend their support to more countries.

14 Comments
BasselK
Active Level 7
please check the below link with eligible Samsung devices, I can't find J series supported here in UAE, I don't think its available on J series in other countries:
https://www.samsung.com/ae/samsung-pay/?cid=ae_smgpay_laun_w_ppc_sm_samsungpay_en_190416_56065643900...

Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
thanks!!
RyoSan
Active Level 2
it is availavle for some other regions on a different version call samsung pay mini, however this version is not available in gulf region
MittuVichu
Active Level 10
Samsung pay requires additional hardware that can emulate a magnetic stripe on a conventional debit/credit card. With this hardware you can use samsung pay to pay at any terminal where a conventional card is supported. Some devices which have NFC lack this specific hardware. The payments made with NFC needs specific NFC readers other than conventional card readers. That's the reason samsung pay doesn't work on certain devices.
Samsung pay is not supported in most of the countries, and banks.

Hope samsung will add support to more banks and will extend their support to more countries.

Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
thanks for the info!
RyoSan
Active Level 2
S-pay doesnt work on the devices which support nfc only the device need to jave both nfc and mst to use gulf region version of s-pay.
Yet for ur friends devices, you need to to check the IMEI if the device is imprted from other region it will not work.
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
thanks, but turns out it isnt avaliable in my country. the weird part is why is this written in my nfc settings when my device doesnt support mobile payment
aramis
Active Level 9
J series is not supported but s9 should
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
yeah looks like it isnt avaliable in my country at all. though its weird of samsung to write me this when my device doesnt support mobile payjng