Original topic:

Samsung Pay tap and pay help

(Topic created on: 04-19-2021 10:48 PM)
anujm
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
Hi just wanted to know a few things. I just want to clarify if anybody can help with it.

1) if I turn off my tap and pay feature on my physical card, will it still work on Samsung pay like doing a tap and pay from my phone.

2) will the pin be the same as my cc pin.

I tried paying today it didn't seem to work. It must be one of the above reasons. That why need clarification on this.
9 Comments
Samsung Pay
1. Yes. Because Samsung pay is working on device's NFC

2. Upto 2000 ₹ it needs only pay app pin.
0 Likes
anujm
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
It is the same pin as my cc?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
No. Upto 2000 you don't have to use pin for cc pay. But as you're using Samsung pay , you've to set a pin for samsung pay and you required that pin for paying.
0 Likes
anujm
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
How to set a pin for Samsung pay?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Go to settings of samsung pay. You'll find the option for verification method. Under which you'll get the option for set pin.
0 Likes
anujm
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Thanks alot darshan. Much appreciated.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Happy to help 😊
0 Likes
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
No, that pin/authentication is different and the card pin is different. It uses default screen lock. For me, it asks for biometric and not a pin.
0 Likes
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Hi. Samsung pay creates a replica of your physical card as a virtual card. Hence all the features of your physical card would remain the same for this virtual card as well. For example tap and pay, your limits, domestic/international usage etc. Hence, if you disable tap and pay for your physical card, it would get disabled for your virtual Samsung pay card too. Do remember to see last 4 digits samsung pay shows for your card (it shows last 4 digits of virtual card).
Similarly your pin would remain the same for both Samsung pay card and your physical card.
It is just that all your transactions via Samsung pay gets redirected to the main physical card.
0 Likes