Original topic:

Samsung Pay is rejecting Standard Chartered VISA DigiSmart Credit Card

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 11:18 AM)
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay

Samsung Pay official support StanChart VISA Credit Cards. 

Both Tokenized and Contactless options are enabled in Card Management Settings.

StanChart customer care has confirmed that all settings are accurate and there is no issue at their end. 

Card works fine with NFC Payments at PoS machines. 

I have tried resetting the app and there are no pending updates. 

I have two MasterCard StanChart Credit Cards and they are both working fine with Samsung Pay.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Samsung Pay
Now it seems to me Samsung Pay app has become useless.
Every now and then you see card error on Samsung Pay.

Icing on the cake is nothing fix it and both the parties say no issues at their end.
0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay

yeah. samsung pay customer care told me to contact my card issuing bank. stanchart has been saying that everything is enabled at their end. i am here wondering what i can do lol. 

i can only imagine that stanchart has another option where they enable app based tokenized transactions at their end. as far as i can see, tokenized transactions are enabled on my account from the user interface they provide me. and their customer support people are not aware of it. would have to keep trying till i manage to find a person who might have some idea about it. 

0 Likes
niravshroff
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I don't get the otp at the end of adding the card, added card is working fine.
samsung pay team tell me to ask bank and bank says they ended relationship woth Samsung pay... Idk what's going on?
0 Likes
TridipC
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay

Facing exactly same issue. VISA card works well for few days after deleting and adding card again. After 10-15 days declined #57 on POS machines. Paytm POS machines never worked though which is more popular these days.

0 Likes
Chromaniac
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay

Yeah. Very poor experience these days. Works most of the times on the newer HDFC and ICICI verifone machines. Never on Paytm. Pine are hit and miss. 

TridipC
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay

Just figured out the issue. You need to turn the POS transaction and contactless transactions inside international transactions section under the Cards Management.  After doing it re-register the card on Samsung Pay. 

FYI Mastercard doesn't require international transactions to turned on for Samsung Pay and that's the reason only VISA is declined and not MasterCard.

0 Likes