Original topic:

Samsung Pay beta rolls out with international money transfers and Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 10-04-2019 02:36 PM)
KomalJain
Options
Samsung Pay
Cash card*

Samsung Pay is, in my view, the best mobile payment app out there. It supports making payments through MST on Samsung Galaxy flagships and NFC payments on some devices, and you can hook up PayPal or most credit cards for payments. Samsung has also added cashback awards and Samsung Pay Rewards to the app. Now, Samsung is adding a few new features to make its payment service even better. Samsung is introducing the Samsung Pay Cash virtual debit card and Travelex integration for international money transfers.

Samsung Pay Cash looks like a response to Apple Pay Cash since they have a lot in common besides the names. Samsung Pay Cash allows you to request, send, or add money to your wallet. It allows you to add money through any card in Samsung Pay, credit or debit. Debit transfers from your card to Samsung Pay Cash will incur a $0.25 fee. Using credit, you will be charged a 3% fee. You can then use this card to make payments via MST or NFC wherever you can swipe or tap a card. It is accepted anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

The next feature Samsung added to the latest Samsung Pay beta app is international money transfers. Samsung partnered with the Travelex service to allow you to send money around the world and exchange currencies in the process. This feature allows for very easy money transfers without you having to go through sketchy companies or pay exorbitant fees. The feature lets you choose to transfer directly to a bank account, a “premium” transfer service, or start a cash pickup. It supports a bunch of different major currencies in major countries.

This feature is currently rolling out to users in the Samsung Pay beta program in the United States. The APKs are linked below which will give you access to these features. If you install them outside the United States, be warned that Samsung Pay will break. If you aren’t in the US, you’ll need to wait for this to officially roll out to gain access to it.

13 Comments
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
The issue with Samsung Pay is that, if you Purchased handset in India, it will work on Indian Firmware & Indian payment Protocols only even if you move away from India to some other Country and won't work with Other Country's Protocols...For that you need to Flash your Firmware depending on that country but that is not even too easy, when processor changes from Exynos to Snapdragon..Hence Samsung to look after this issues with Samsung Pay and make some updates to resolve this issue, so that it automatically changes as per other countries protocol when it detects location change...
0 Likes
s10darkstar
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
nothing like this... my friend had indian a5 2017 and it worked perfectly in UK with UK cards... for nfc and mst paymebts3
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-Services/Change-samsung-pay-location/td-p/277617# Choice is yours, to believe it or not ??? But if you won't believe then it doesn't mean that issue is not there...I don't go by my Friends statement, I faced it once... Authentic Link is provided here to confirm the same...
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Samsung-Pay-for-Galaxy-A5-2017/td-p/206621 Also go to this Authentic link, Superficially for A5 2017 not Supporting Samsung Pay too...
0 Likes
JeevanP
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
What's the point of these features??? These are targeted for US customers not for us...
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Yep, in country like India it **bleep**.
PhonePe, Paytm, etc are much better over here.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
It's written 'currently in US'. Hope you understand now!
JeevanP
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
Nahi that's not its meant... Samsung had a very good implementation in India. I'm pretty sure you'll love it once you start using it...try karlo ek baar...
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
cool I am intrested in Samsung pay now.
0 Likes