Original topic:

Samsung Pay Not working

(Topic created on: 10-13-2020 03:06 PM)
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
Guys,

Today I tried to use Samsung Pay for payment of Car service. Amount was ₹ 7133 and service center person had bought EDC machine with him.
I tried to pay via Samsung Pay and it failed , displayed message on machine screen " Contactless payment limit is limited as per latest RBI guidelines ... "

This is 2nd time Samsung Pay hasn't worked for me for payments over 2000.

I have already checked and enabled contact less,  tokenised transactions on my credit cards, also set limit same as my overall limit in my credit card accounts.
Also already talked with credit card helpline and ensured that there is no restriction from their side.

For my SBI Credit Card

For my ICICI credit card

This is not what expected from Samsung Pay.

Please share your experiences , views about your experience with Samsung Pay.
Are you able to pay for transactions over ₹ 2000, especially after recent changes by RBI.
Am I missing anything here ?
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Pay

you need to contact the bank to increase the limit of the contactless pay ments 

0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
They said that as per RBI , NFC limit is set for ₹ 2000 which can not be increased.

But for Samsung Pay it shouldn't matter as it uses tokenised MST.
Right ?
0 Likes
Pawan021
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
how you add your icici credit card to samsung pay i am unable to verify because it give only option to call bank
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
Which type of card you have ? I was able to add as there was option of SMS for verification. Mine is Amazon Pay ICICI credit card VISA
0 Likes
Pawan021
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
i have coral and amazon pay in both for verification there is no option for text sms
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
It's strange issue, no idea bro.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Pay
yes I know but you can give application to bank to increase the limit
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Pay
if the vendor is not using the mst then the machine must be of nfc only
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
I don't understand, if machine has swipe or card slot then it should support MST also right.
Machine had NFC ,that's why it gave that error.

I thought if machine had NFC then it should have MST also.

Both Banks helpline SBI, ICICI told me there is no way to increase limit for NFC as it's restriction by RBI.

Anyways, I tried twice payment witj Samsung pay of over 2000 and both times it failed.

Since I dont do much physical transactions nowadays, don't know when I can test again.
0 Likes