Original topic:

Samsung A30

(Topic created on: 07-15-2019 03:06 AM)
Gehad19
Beginner Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
I cannot find or download Samsung Pay on my Samsung A30. I cannot even use contactless payment on my bank app. Why is this? I do not have NFC on my phone which may explain the problem. However, why is this the case? Does this phone not support NFC? 
4 Comments
Samsung Pay
Hi dear,
Samsung pay need specific hardware to work. Samsung pay stores the data from a conventional debit or credit card and emulates the magnetic strip on the card during payment. A special hardware will mimic the magnetic tape so that we can use samsung pay to pay anywhere where a conventional card is supported.
Eventhough NFC alone is used for payment by Google pay, samsung pay doesn't support payment through NFC only devices.
Innorder to pay through NFC, the POS must also have a NFC reader rather than conventional credit card readers.
Gehad19
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Pay
Thank you so much for your reply. How do I get this hardware?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay uses two technologies that allow it to work almost anywhere. The first is near-field communication (NFC) for tap-to-pay transactions at contactless terminals. The second is magnetic secure transmission (MST) for older terminals where you would normally swipe a card. The phone emits a magnetic signal to simulate the magnetic strip found on the back of a credit or debit card when you hold the phone against one of these readers.

If your device doesn't have an option to download samsung pay your device will not support samsung pay. Am not sure whether your device have NFC. Please check it by going into settings connections and confirm whether your device have NFC.
0 Likes
Gehad19
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Pay
No, my phone doesn't have NFC unfortunately
0 Likes