Original topic:

OVERCOMING THE COUNTRY RESTRICTIONS

(Topic created on: 05-03-2017 01:21 PM)
Adhith
Active Level 7
Options
Samsung Pay
Hi there. Here is a tip for users who are worried that they cannot use samsung pay with banks issued outside the country of purchase of the phone (specially for Indians who have purchased their phone from the UAE). You can make Samsung Pay payments with a simple workaround.

As I can confirm, there is no country restriction on the cards that can be added on Samsung Pay. Even if your phone runs the UAE or whichever version of Samsung Pay, you can add a card issued by an Indian bank. Only condition is that the bank should support payments through Samsung Pay. I have tried and tested this with my ICICI bank debit card on my Galaxy S8 bought from UAE without changing the firmware. Everything works fine.

Enjoy!0fb6f57a-31df-4f48-9c10-fb56d354ac03.jpg
riyaszz
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
India. 935fd_ S7 edge
0 Likes
riyaszz
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
this link....... not capablewith this version.
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Okay. In that case, the only way out is to reset your phone. Backup your data to samsung cloud and reset your phone. It would then show you a dialog box to install the latest version of Samsung Pay after the reset. This is how I got it to work on my S7 Edge.
0 Likes
Bhavesh3
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
would downloading Samsung pay apk and installing it work or factory reset is the way to go?
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Downloading the apk would help only if you know the right apk version. Different markets have a differrnt version of the app. So if you install a wrong apk you might be able to use it but you cant get the app updated afterwards. It will display an error.
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Try installing different versions and find the one that works.
0 Likes
Adhith
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
If none of this helps, factory reset is the way to go.
sanj1
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
mine is SM935FD from uae. using in india. do reset two times. But only showing banner currently available in the uae only.. didn't get option to add any cards or bank
0 Likes
SNS1
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
hi , did u finally find a way to make it work in India ?
0 Likes
Pkmaloo
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
anyone found a way ?
0 Likes