Expert Level 3
I recently registered a new mobile number with the bank and while updating the same number with Samsung Pay, I could not use the previously registered payment address @pingpay account.

I would read a message that said *Account already in use*. Subsequent to that, I registered a new payment address @pingpay.

Could someone suggest as to how I delete the old payment address?

Thanks
4 Comments
Expert Level 1
Reinstall the app and try
Hi, just an update to your response.

What has happened, is due to a technical error with the bank; in my case HDFC Bank.

If one registers a new mobile number with HDFC Bank and subsequently updates it with either Amazon Pay UPI, BHIM UPI or Samsung Pay, sending money will not be successful, as the bank has blocked the number for UPI. Even after a couple of correspondences and and personal interaction with HDFC Bank staff, the issue has not been resolved.

To conclude, I did not face any problem with SBI.

Try following the steps below

Go to settings-- apps and select Samsung pay and from there clear data. Then reinstall the Samsung pay app, and then you will be able to remove accounts or wallets. 

If the issue still doesn't get resolved then contact the customer care

Hi, just an update to your response.

What has happened, is due to a technical error with the bank; in my case HDFC Bank.

If one registers a new mobile number with HDFC Bank and subsequently updates it with either Amazon Pay UPI, BHIM UPI or Samsung Pay, sending money will not be successful, as the bank has blocked the number for UPI. Even after a couple of correspondences and and personal interaction with HDFC Bank staff, the issue has not been resolved.

To conclude, I did not face any problem with SBI.