Original topic:

Changing firmware on S21 to India

(Topic created on: 06-30-2021 11:20 AM)
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Options
Samsung Pay
I have been previously using S8, on which I have been regularly using Samsung Pay. Now I have purchased a S21 abroad (Exynos variant - EU/PL firmware) which doesn't have access to Samsung Pay.

I have tried installing the app from playstore, but I get a message that my phone is unsupported. Other forums suggest that flashing indian firmware would give me access to Samsung Pay again, but I'm hesitant to do it myself as it may trigger Knox and lock me out completely.

Will the Samsung service centers in india assist me with flashing indian firmware? I have the bill and othe purchase information of the phone (it's an official samsung retailer in PL)

Thank you for your inputs!
28 Comments
Samsung Pay
😆😆no and not possible without root
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Who said?
Samsung Pay
In usa device you can't install indian firmware without root and that is practical because kernel will mismatch
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
I'm not on the Snapdragon variant. I'm using Exynos International variant (unlocked), but on EU/PL firmware. I expected to run into issues with VoLTE, etc in india, but they're working as intended. SPay is the only app that I'm unable to use
Samsung Pay
Oh .. then possible by odin ..I thought you are using snapdragon varient and want exynos software
Samsung Pay
Please follow this video 👉https://youtu.be/Gg4eP4lGncg
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Thank you, will check it
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
See, changing CSC can sometimes help, and that can be done without flashing or tripping Knox.

Flashing firmware does not trip Knox because there is no need to unlock bootloader in that case. But if you don't know how to do that, contact service center staff, they might help you, but remember you may have to pay for that.
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
I'm ready to pay as long as they switch my phone to indian firmware and I'm able to use SPay again! Will visit them and check out what they say (wanted to confirm here with the community before I spoke to them)
0 Likes