Original topic:

Samsung M7 - Display not connecting with USB-C to USB-C

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 12:35 AM)
dchennaraidu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Online Store

Hi folks, I connected my mac and M7 monitor with USB-C, so mac is just charging and unfortunately monitor is showing no input signal

Any help would be appreciated

5 Comments
Samsung Online Store
I think you have to contact Samsung Customer Service. 😊
0 Likes
Samsung Online Store
Brother,
Normal Type C to C was not made for transmitting videos .

You need USB C 3.1 GEN 1 or GEN 2 for video transmtting 4k 60Hz video + Charging.

Because USB C 3.1 Gen 1 transmission speed is 5gb/s and Gen 2 offering 10gb/s. So they will help you to transmit 4k60hz video.

But if you want to use a multi set up, means 4k to 2 monitors or a 5k output you may need thunderbolt 3 cable. Because it's speed is 40gb/s.

But if you are using a single M7, then you need only GEN 1 or GEN 2 USB 3.1 . Normal USB C data/charging cable will not work with this monitor or any monitor.

You can go for this one

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GGKYWRE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KMENK182QHE58Z0AVE2F?_encoding=UTF8&...

Or this one

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0725DW6D3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_AHQ5ZZHDS6Q1A8RCM6VA

Or Apple Thunderbolt cable.
Samsung Online Store
Here an example of my setup IMG-20210805-WA0002_549497.jpg
0 Likes
Samsung Online Store

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
QnA Solution
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Online Store

Get a thunderbolt 4 usb-c cable, it works out perfectly.