Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Need Help. Got a email from membersindia@samsung.com

(Topic created on: 04-16-2021 12:04 AM)
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Options
Samsung Online Store
Today, at evening, I got a emial from "membersindia@samsung.com" qouting that I am a winner of '21 days epic contest' challenge. There they said that I will get a voucher (can be used in samsung shop) and for that they have send me a excel sheet and I have to fillup that (name, adress, samsung email id, phone number, pan card number, photo id proof number) and have to forward that to the senders address (membersindia@samsung.com).

Does anyone else get same email ?
Or can anyone say that is it authorised email ?
28 Comments
Samsung Online Store
How can you loose money by giving just PAN number? 🤔🤔🤔
0 Likes
Suryansh112
Active Level 4
Samsung Online Store
Because pan is attached to ur bank account and they gather all the information from that if u dont believe me then u can check on google
0 Likes
Samsung Online Store
Most things on Google are not true. Anyway. By Using PAN number , there is only one issue that is identity theft. This is also dangerous. And PAN is mainly associated with Income tax.
Suryansh112
Active Level 4
Samsung Online Store
Yup🙂
0 Likes
Suryansh112
Active Level 4
Samsung Online Store
Dont send ur pan card to anyone for a silly voucher code🙂
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Samsung Online Store
So what you are telling is that we can't trust Samsung, right?
0 Likes
Suryansh112
Active Level 4
Samsung Online Store
Then why are they asking pan card just for voucher code if they want to send voucher code then they can send it to you on your register email id on samsung
0 Likes
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Samsung Online Store
Because of identity proof. You can chcek in youtube that many of the giveways when go for delivery the person's don't match. So, by checking multiple id proof, they are checking just that I am not spamming and not trying to get prizes with other user ids.
mohdyousuf
Active Level 1
Samsung Online Store
Hii
0 Likes