Original topic:

Defective product - no refund for exchanged product

(Topic created on: 11-07-2022 11:54 PM)
Members_If2Ib7z
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Online Store
I purchased a s22 plus and theorugh instanst exchange by exchanging my perfectly working s20 plus. The exchange went through perfectly but the new product I received was a defective one. On the second day of receiving the phone, I went to the service center and got the DOA issued for my phone. It was approved on the third day. A month of daily calls with customer care and absolutely no call backs and no answers provided, my phone was picked up. After my phone was picked up I have been given only a refund of the amount I paid and nothing for the exchanged product. This happened inspite of me requesting for a replacement in my daily calls with the customer care as I wanted a phone as my work was gettng affected. Now, they are willing to only refund the amount which I paid which is only 50% of the actual product price and no return or refund of my s20 plus which was in good conditon. The customer service seems to have no idea and is asking me to forget about my s20 plus or its monetary value. How easy it is to deliver a damaged product, take away my perfectly working phone and offer me peanuts and put me in a situation with no phone in hand. I am in possession of the call recordings of every customer care conversation even though they were pure torture. Is there no solution other than moving forward with legal action?
5 Comments
rishisaigal
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
There are consumer courts in our country. Try that
satdidoS21FE
Active Level 8
Samsung Online Store
You have to file suit in consumer forum they will help you definately
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Samsung Online Store
Install NCH app and raise complain against Samsung with all the details
Is_dav
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Online Store

It was sold in exchange for another product. But when the new product is defective and when the customer ends up with neither the old or new phone, its equal to looting. 

Either it has to be replaced or a fair refund of atleast 80% of the defective phone's value should be given. 

cs_member8
Options
Samsung Online Store

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes