Original topic:

A note to Samsung

(Topic created on: 09-22-2021 11:02 AM)
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Samsung Online Store
Yesterday I went to a Samsung smartcafe to see some new devices like S21 plus and S20FE 5G. And I was totally shocked. Like still there is no option to uninstall Facebook (3 services are running in the background) or Netflix app. 🤔🤔 I asked them that if there is any difference between that showcase model and the actual phone in the box. And surprisingly they said that there is no difference. 

And more shockingly the Facebook app had all the access from the beginning. So you basically have to deny it manually after you buy that phone and setting your device. 

Any user here with these two phones S21 plus and S20FE 5G can you confirm it that your phone had these things too like the showcase model or not? 
4 Comments
_Junaid
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
I'm using S20FE 4g .. but I can Uninstall Facebook but not Netflix...and also there is no permission given to Facebook by default I gave 3 permission while using the apps...contacts, media and location. And yes there is no permission given to any third party app by default...we have to give it manually while using the app. I think the staff told you wrong.
Samsung Online Store
Are you able to see the Uninstall option for all 3 services of Facebook?
_Junaid
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Yes...and you just have to disable Netflix then it's a no problem.
Samsung Online Store
Okay thank you. 😊