cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

why does my S Health keep resetting my calorie goal?

(Topic created on: 02-23-2021 07:36 AM)
bexxi
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health
Hi guys,

I desperately need some help please. I have tried everything to reach Samsung and they have not been helpful. I have tried to call, tried live chat, tried everything and people just keep giving me the same generic replies.

Way back when, S Health had a weight management function. Where you could set what you weigh, what you'd like to weigh, and how aggressively you'd like to lose weight per week. Based on that S health would determine what your calorie intake per day should be. Mine was around 1077 per day.

S Health then got rid of this feature, that is fine. My calorie goal remained at 1077 per day, that is also fine. However, I have been to see a dietician and they want me to up my goal to 1200 calories a day. So I logged in to S health and changed my calorie goal to 1200 calories. I went to bed, and when I woke up S health had reset my calorie goal to 1077. I then recorded my weight, which is now a bit more than I previously recorded, and my calorie goal now keeps resetting to 1068 no matter how many times I set it to 1200. 

It is extremely clear to me, that even though S health turned off the weight management features, they did not switch off the algorithms that may have been used to determine your calorie intake when you were using the feature. I am tired of having to change my calorie goal back to 1200 every single day. 

I have tried clearing my cache and I have cleared my S Health data and then restored my data. When I did that, it fixed the problem for 2 days, and now my calories have been reset again. I have also recorded my weight during this time.

Please can someone from Samsung assist with fixing this issue. The only place I can go to from here is to a public social media platform. 

I
9 Comments
bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
here are the screenshots of the changing calorie counts. I keep setting it back to 1200 and it keeps changing to 1068

Screenshot_20210126-202228_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20210126-202213_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20210126-202216_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Samsung Health

Hi  bexxi

Please uninstall your S Health App, then reinstall it again.  Also make sure that you soft reset the device: 

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
hi Maps, thank you. I have just done this. I will post again within this week if the problem persists.
bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
Hi Maps, as expected this did not work. please copy and paste my original post with all the detail and send on to your devs. I am certain that my original statement is the issue and a backend developer would need to resolve. please advise when I can expect this to be resolved. It is really beyond bad service now
bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
please see my updates and advise
bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
there is the number it has reverted back to. if I record a different weight, this calorie target will change automatically...................

Screenshot_20210129-154717_Samsung Health.jpg

bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
hello am I going to get a reply?
Hjosh
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

I have the same issue also tried same fixes. C'mon Samsung 

bexxi
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
Hjosh. I have tried absolutely everything they have asked. nothing has worked. nobody seems smart enough to take it to the app dev team. they basically told me to do a factory reset with my phone or deal with it. and the factory reset didn't work either. let me know what works for you if you find a solution and good luck! :)