Original topic:

How accurate is the Blood Oxygen Saturation measurement in Samsung Phones?

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 10:18 PM)
Signup
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung Health
Hello,

Can we trust these phone readings of HR, O2 and Steess levels ?

Would this Softwar technology is accurate for the clinical measurement of Oxygen Saturation?
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
The heart rate sensor measures your heart rate in Beats per Minute using an optical LED light source and an LED light sensor. The light shines through your skin, and the sensor measures the amount of light that reflects back. The light reflections will vary as blood pulses under your skin past the light. The variations in the light reflections are interpreted as heartbeats.and surprisingly it's quite accurate....same mechanical to measure oxygen saturation...good saturation of oxygen absorbs more ir light ...bad oxygen saturation absorb more red light so rgb setup of ir and r accurately measure oxygen levels also ...only you can't measure blood pressure as it need sphygmomanometer and stethoscope
Samsung Health
great information by great dr.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
sir ,if I am able to give answer then accept my solution by clicking 3 dots of my comment 👍👍
0 Likes
Samsung Health
I have compared our spo2 values with a proper spo2 measuring devices used in a hospital. I would say our mobile are pretty much accurate but I wouldn't replace it with the clinical spo2 measuring device. rest is well explained by @interchupipi
bheema
Active Level 3
Samsung Health
why i am not able to measure o2 saturation like earlier
0 Likes