Original topic:

Device Care (Battery)

(Topic created on: 01-18-2020 06:04 PM)
Marakzzz
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Health
Hello, Samsung team

Have been using Samsung device for a year now, and i think its time to post some suggestion for future upgrades. 
Whether the device is big or small, I think the most important thing where we should be careful about our phone is none other than a battery. Its the most important part or we can say its the main part of the whole device. 
I have learnt that while charging we must avoid fully charged. It says, from 40 to 80 is good enough for the battery to last long. So, my suggestion would be if in future updates, I would love to see charging alarm for certain battery percentage during charging. So, that it won't go beyond that certain limited percentage where people like me wants to charge limited battery percentage. 
12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
that's where we all people are wrong here
the 40 to 80 rule only implies when we intend to keep our devices in a store room or in the area where we dont often use our devices like selling the device , storing the room , packing the device etc .
_007
Expert Level 4
Samsung Health
Wrong information.
30 to 80 is the operating range of a battery.The voltage of a battery is constant in this range i.e not too low or high. For storing a battery it needs to be charged till 40%. Also it'll loose capacity if charged more then 40% and stored.
Please check the screen shots-
You can also check batteryuniversity official site- https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
dont trust the battery university for this
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Samsung Health
Hey, it's a trustworthy and reliable source that's why all sites and people gives reference to it.
Even samsung recommends it.
Marakzzz
Active Level 3
Samsung Health
That is what i also learnt about those things from different sources. It definitely means, 40 to 80 is all correct in order to preserve our phone battery lifespan.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
yes but it only applies when you are keeping the battery on storage this why I stated that we are being confused by this
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
although the overnight charging do kills the battery
0 Likes
Marakzzz
Active Level 3
Samsung Health
Even though, Samsung should include this feature as it'll alert us to stop in certain battery percentage. I feel its it's really important for us like me.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health
I dont care about this feature either the danger happens in wired charging but I dont use the wired charging thing I like to use wireless charging instead of using the wired charger. wireless charging system is much safer from wired one at least it has the feature to stop charging at some point also it does not heats up while charging the phone avoids overheating and over charging even if I put is for whole night it won't overcharge it will stop charging and restart charging when the battery falls beyond the 90 percent this is why I like wireless charging over wired charging thing
0 Likes