Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S21 Plus

(Topic created on: 03-19-2021 06:39 PM)
Nixi
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Dex
Hi guys, might be a silly question but how does the Samsung S21 plus operate to display on your TV . Does it have a dex station like the S8 and S10?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Samsung Dex
I found the solution haha, feels good, so if you like me and don't have an original Dex cable, download this app and it's done, you can use the phone as a mouse, tested it out and it's perfect.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtechnologies.dexprofile

it's called desktop Hub for Samsung Dex from playstore.

Click on the window in the extreme bottom left when you open the app and then mouse function will come up.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Comments
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Samsung Dex
Hey there, it does. But for some strange reason mines when connected doesn't give me the option to use my phone as a mouse.
Nixi
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
so it uses the normal samsung dex for S8 as well as the USB c to HDMI? oh no, that is not good, I also use that function. I'm waiting for my plus as it's on order so just want to be prepared 😁
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Samsung Dex
Awesome choice, yep all same process just plug the S8 cable in that you were using and you sorted, the new UI should just pop up if not there is a floating button at the top (Swipe down section) that you press and it goes into dex mode.

Hope you don't have the same mouse issue it's almost impossible to use it unless you have another Bluetooth mouse synced to the phone blah blah blah, Goodluck when I find a solution I will post.
0 Likes
Nixi
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
Thank you. which one do you have? Just hope that I don't have to wait too much longer.
I hope you come right and thanks for the advise.
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Samsung Dex
Had the s10, (best phone btw) upgraded to S21 Ultra. I have reason to believe it's the cord though. When I connect it, it says "always use the original dex cable" but it's the same thing so I don't know. This is the only way to get over the Netflix bypass too as mirror share won't work, so its a bit of a bumber, but I will find a solution soon.
0 Likes
Nixi
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
@kevinnaick I also currently have the S10, upgrading to S21 +
I really do hope that you master the problem soon 😊 I'm holding thumbs 👍🏻
Solution
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Samsung Dex
I found the solution haha, feels good, so if you like me and don't have an original Dex cable, download this app and it's done, you can use the phone as a mouse, tested it out and it's perfect.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtechnologies.dexprofile

it's called desktop Hub for Samsung Dex from playstore.

Click on the window in the extreme bottom left when you open the app and then mouse function will come up.
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Samsung Dex
You can use the wireless dex on your smart TV. No need for cables, or connect using a USB c to hdmi solution.
0 Likes
Nixi
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
Thank you, but I don't have a smart TV 😞 yet... so will have to use the one with cables
0 Likes