Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring back Linux on Dex

(Topic created on: 10-11-2023 12:16 PM)
AddiP
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Dex
Samsung used basically have a one click Linux environment. This is very useful for software developers. And with phones getting so powerful it should an obvious feature to bring back and improve.

I think in the past few years there hasnt been game changing features released in phones, but I think this feature could set samsung flagship phones apart. Especially for developers.

If anyone one knows of a way to run Linux or VS code with high performance and not emulated please comment and help me below.
5 Comments
gorilla-san
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Dex

Unfortunately no easy way to do it, yet. There are Linux tablets that you can look into.

As for Linux on dex, if they brought it back, I’d buy a Samsung tablet and a phone tomorrow. It was a genius feature. I always wanted to be able to just bring my tablet when traveling and not the entire laptop, but can’t do any front end work on a **bleep** iPad.

royyyy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex

Need this 

mattebowman
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Dex

Yes please bring this back. I would only use a tablet and my phone if this was still possible!

vinayak19998th
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Dex

I really want this. While we're at it could we get second screen to work with linux

vrms
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Dex

Bumping this. I'm a software developer as many others samsung users. I would spend a fortune on a gear that supports that!

0 Likes