some of these may already have been suggested before, just figured i'd share my thoughts
NOTE: these are for Samsung DeX, not One UI
- Setting that prevents the phone from charging past a set percentage while docked, to prolong the battery's life - "Key mapping" to enable touchscreen-only games to be played with a keyboard/gamepad, similar to what android emulators on PC use
- Custom wallpaper support
- Cursor speed scaling (so cursor speed is consistent from phone screen to external display)
- Continued DeX updates for older phones (i.e. S8, Note 9)
- Customizable info area (row of icons on the bottom right)
- More taskbar positions (Left, Top, Right)
- Forced fullscreen option for apps (top bar and taskbar hide until hovered over) forgot about F11
Hi, for your first requirement, I use Bixby routines to open timer automatically if I plug in the charger. I always set timers while charging and prevents it going beyond 80%. Some keyboard settings are seen in accessibility settings. Please have a look. Also please install One hand operation+ app by Samsung (if you haven't done yet) for better taskbar and navigation options. Thank you.
thank you for the tips! i didnt know that bixby routines could limit charging, but what i meant by key mapping is similar to BlueStacks where if you press a key you can set it to simulate a tap, slide or double tap on a set area
thank you for the comment though, it's nice to see active people in the DeX community 😄
If you haven't launched your Bixby routines app, Goto, Settings> Advanced features> Bixby routines(switch ON and open) > Settings(from three dots) > Show Bixby routines icon. So you can get access directly from the app screen(menu). BixBy routines are full of IF>THEN automations. (eg. IF charging> Then open 'clock').