Original topic:

Samsung DeX features

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 11:28 AM)
Safita
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung DeX

Samsung DeX is an extension of Android Multi-Window mode. Additional code development has also been included by Samsung that adds extras features and integrates it with Samsung hardware, such as the Iris scanner. There are no proprietary Samsung APIs needed to launch apps in Samsung DeX, as it is enabled by default. Apps typically run as long as they adhere to Androids best coding practices.

dex-overview.png

Overview of the different Samsung DeX Modes

Samsung DeX offers many different features to best suit your needs. Samsung DeX Mode allows your device to cast a PC-like experience to the big screen with the same apps you use on your phone every day. Finally, You can use DeX mode on your monitor while simultaneously using different apps on your device, or turn your device as an input device to control the DeX environment.

dex-info_01.png

Samsung DeX features

Category Feature
Basic app interaction

Interactive scroll bar

Contextual menu

Keyboard shortcuts

Mouse pointer

Horizontal navigation

Zoom in / out

Enhanced interaction

Drag & drop

Click & drag (selection)

Text selection (double-click)

New window

Mouse-over focus

Desktop Mode enhancements

Mouse and keyboard support

Re-sizable Multi-Window

Control bar buttons

Window active / inactive

Switch windows (Alt + Tab)

Enhanced notifications

8 Comments
JoshuaN
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
can I use Samsung Dex on my monitor with just an HDMI cable or do I need the Samsung pad?
0 Likes
Safita
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
it depends what do you have, Dex Cable Or Dex Station or Dex Pad ? And which mobile!
0 Likes
JoshuaN
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
I got an S8+ and a regular HDMI cable
0 Likes
JoshuaN
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
Ah, I just read the website again, didn't know about dex cable.
It said that once they update the OS it would work with my phone as well.
But now I have another question. Will Dex work with the Note 9 if a regular HDMI cable is used or does it have to be the Dex cable?
0 Likes
Safita
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
Hi again, It must be a Dex Cable 😊
0 Likes
MaheshBNaik
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX
I like it now, Note 8, S10+ can directly connect to the monitor without Dex device. Does not need to connect to Windows 10 as well. Great Work Samsung.
0 Likes
Blade1
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
once installed on the Macbook Pro, DeX crashes MacOS every time I connect my note 10+. I am not the only one with this issue,but the way
0 Likes
yeaouf6fyv
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
BTW how can I turn off dex modecin s6 lite
0 Likes