Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Z Fold 3 Black Line on the Crease

(Topic created on: 05-31-2022 09:47 PM)
Ike76
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Care+

I have had my Z Fold 3 for just over 5 months and all of a sudden (without falling) a thick black line appeared on the inside screen crease, resulting in the other side of the screen not responding to any input.

I see that this issue has been reported widely by other owners and Samsung won't fix it if you didn't buy Care+ with your handset.

This is a real issue for me and I am going to fight tooth and nail to have my phone fixed.

7 Comments
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Samsung Care+

Hi Members_O5tClYR, apologies for the inconvenience caused, kindly note that your device may need to booked in for an assessment. Please go to the below link to locate the closest Authorized Service Center to you.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

Ike76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Care+
I took the phone to Menlyn for inspection and the technician could not identify any physical damage to the phone and confirmed that the screen damage could not have been damaged by a physical impact. I was however told that the repairs will be at my own cost, of which is totally absurd as this is a known defect.

As a person who works for the regulator, I am going to ensure that Samsung takes accountability here.
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Samsung Care+

Good day Ike76,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please email us your job reference number to tellus@samsung.com, and we'll investigate then get back to you. 

Please add your contact details on the email as well. 

0 Likes
Ike76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Care+
I have sent the email as per you advise.
0 Likes
SisBee
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Care+
Hi, my Z Fold 3 , ONLY 4 months has lost colour, photos are sepia and ghostlike faces and hair. I'm in Mthatha.
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Samsung Care+

Good day SisBee, 

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please may you take the device into the store where you purchased it from, the device will be booked to be assessed by our authorized technician.

Your proof of purchase will be required for warranty validations. 

0 Likes
Ape1000V4
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Care+
Same thing, the Z fold 3 is a defective product. My crease delaminated after 3 months, 4 months, 3 months, 2 weeks. Samsung gave me the same generic reply as you got. Then they got very quiet and just ignored me. Flagship model, haha, more like fraud and false advertising. They should recall them all, we are not your testers. 20230619_150225_1000010185_1687179747.jpg