Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Locked Out of the Device (OneUI 2 Beta)

(Topic created on: 10-28-2019 06:26 PM)
utsav911
Active Level 3
Options
Discussions

I tried unlocking the device by Find My Mobile service, it was supposed to delete the lockscreen password, as well as Biometrics, I was able to access my phone. I thought problem is resolved and tried registering biometrics again, but it asked the password again. Now I thought restarting might fix this, but again, after restart, I'm stuck on lockscreen, and it doesn't accept any password. And I don't want to reset the phone, it has important data. 

IF SOMEONE FINDS SOLUTION TO THIS, PLEASE COMMENT THE SOLUTION. (NO SUGGESTIONS FOR RESETTING THE DEVICE, PLEASE)

12 Comments
rhl
Active Level 3
Discussions
I don't think there is any solution for that..
only thing samsung has to give update for that than only problem will resolve..
0 Likes
basant1995
Active Level 2
Discussions
no solution for this have to hard reset now and there is a bug that even after hard reset you cannot set a pin or any other security option and you are stuck on none or swipe
0 Likes
YogeshL
Active Level 3
Discussions
Same Here
0 Likes
Discussions
i was also having important data but atlast i had to reset
0 Likes
Amol_Agre
Beginner Level 2
Discussions
same here bro.. I had to factory reset through recovery menu
0 Likes
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Discussions
If u want to gain access to your phone... you have to reset it... If samsung provides an update, and if you are locked out you wont even be able to apply the update since in order to update it you have to access the settings menu... So either way you're screwed....
0 Likes
utsav911
Active Level 3
Discussions

Yeah man, I had this in my mind. Do you have any way to take backup of locked phone? I'll reset the phone if I'm able to take backup of some folders (like WhatsApp & DCIM).

0 Likes
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Discussions
I had turned on google photos backup and I also luckily had google drive backup turned on for whatsap.... So I got my whatsapp messages and photos... Have you done any of these...?? If you have then you can reset your phone without any fear.... But if you haven't then I am so sorry bro... There is absolutely no way of accessing data from a phone that has locked you out... Even if you root it or change the OS... It will trigger a factory reset... Otherwise the situation beats the whole purpose of having a screen lock in the first place... If you can't unlock your phone you should not have access to any of the user's data... This is to prevent misuse of the device incase its lost...
0 Likes
utsav911
Active Level 3
Discussions

Lastly I had to reset the device, and I lost all the data. I talked to one of my relative in service station and he told the same.

I'll take this as opportunity cost of being in Beta Program. And yeah, when I got access to my device once, I sent report from Samsung Members, I hope it'll help the developers.

0 Likes