Highlighted
Active Level 1
So this is regarding gaming. Every game runs good for 5 mins but after that the gpu throttles alot. So i downloaded an app called cpufloat to check the problem. After 2 mins of playing gpu speed falls to 156mhz as compared to normal speed of 702 mhz. And when i run synthetic benchmark like anutu or 3dmark the gpu runs at full load at 702mhz for even 20-30mins without throttling down. But in games only(PUBG, COD, Asphalt 9 etc), even after playing for 2 min gpu throttles down and limits to 156mhz. Mine is exynos 9820. S10e. If the gpu can work fine in synthetic benchmarks i guess it can work in normal games also. Just needs to be optimized. This is the real cause of fps droping suddenly after 2-3 minutes of gaming

PS: People who know the difference between 30 fps and 60fps will understand this easily
7 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 4
I'm playing call of duty at the maximum settings, works fine for me
Highlighted
check your fps and then tell me. if you are having the exynos version you won't be getting 60 lock
Highlighted
Active Level 1
my phone is running good in pubg at extrema and ultra,
without any lag,heat
Highlighted
i agree there is no heat still the gpu throttles. use fps counter and see the frame drops. They are not constant 60
Highlighted
Active Level 10
it's exynos problem..it is inferior chip than snapdragon.. thats why they introduce 9825 in note 10 series to match the performance of snap. 855
Highlighted
The chip can handle the gaming. It only need optimization as synthetic benchmarks shows that is capable of working under high load for longer periods
Highlighted
Active Level 6
I think architecture of Exynos is the problem, Snapdragon is way better in GPU performance. Please wait for the official build for optimisations and better performance ( if possible )