Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The real problem in games | Exynos version

(Topic created on: 10-31-2019 03:34 AM)
manan99
Active Level 1
Options
Questions
So this is regarding gaming. Every game runs good for 5 mins but after that the gpu throttles alot. So i downloaded an app called cpufloat to check the problem. After 2 mins of playing gpu speed falls to 156mhz as compared to normal speed of 702 mhz. And when i run synthetic benchmark like anutu or 3dmark the gpu runs at full load at 702mhz for even 20-30mins without throttling down. But in games only(PUBG, COD, Asphalt 9 etc), even after playing for 2 min gpu throttles down and limits to 156mhz. Mine is exynos 9820. S10e. If the gpu can work fine in synthetic benchmarks i guess it can work in normal games also. Just needs to be optimized. This is the real cause of fps droping suddenly after 2-3 minutes of gaming

PS: People who know the difference between 30 fps and 60fps will understand this easily
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Questions
I'm playing call of duty at the maximum settings, works fine for me
0 Likes
manan99
Active Level 1
Questions
check your fps and then tell me. if you are having the exynos version you won't be getting 60 lock
0 Likes
Naveengowda
Active Level 1
Questions
my phone is running good in pubg at extrema and ultra,
without any lag,heat
0 Likes
manan99
Active Level 1
Questions
i agree there is no heat still the gpu throttles. use fps counter and see the frame drops. They are not constant 60
0 Likes
Goldychahal
Expert Level 1
Questions
it's exynos problem..it is inferior chip than snapdragon.. thats why they introduce 9825 in note 10 series to match the performance of snap. 855
0 Likes
manan99
Active Level 1
Questions
The chip can handle the gaming. It only need optimization as synthetic benchmarks shows that is capable of working under high load for longer periods
0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Questions
I think architecture of Exynos is the problem, Snapdragon is way better in GPU performance. Please wait for the official build for optimisations and better performance ( if possible )
0 Likes