Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Question to Samsung

(Topic created on: 10-22-2021 01:00 PM)
RSS1611
Active Level 3
Options
Questions
I have been using Samsung & Apple devices for almost 10-11 years. Have been part of their beta program since they introduced public beta testing on their individual platforms. 

Apple releases beta's to all their supported devices, which are usually devices even 5 years old, at the same time across the globe. Forget the betas, even the final version across all devices across globe at same time. 

Now my question to Samsung developers team is why Samsung, which ironically has beta released only for their current year flagship, which in current year are the S21 series (only 3 devices) cannot take efforts enough to release beta versions to just 3 devices across the globe at the same time ? Why one region gets it first, then few regions later ? Some regions received 3 beta of one ui 4 while some regions have got only 1st till date ? 

Now I understand that regions which are on their first beta, technically have got the name as beta 1 however it's the same beta 2 which other regions had received. So much confusion created. 

Forget Samsung releasing public beta to all its eligible devices at one go, my question is till which year ahead Samsung developers team will be able to release beta to atleast 3 flagship devices of that current year across all regions at same time ? Year 2025 or am I being too optimistic and should guess it to be 2030 ?

As a consumer who has paid for your asking price needs fair software distribution across all regions at same time. You place your hardware experience to be similar or better than competition then why not your software experience too ? It's not that you have not have this in back of your mind, am sure it must be worked on but for how many years more the consumer has to wait for a better & fair over all experience? 

Value your software similar to your hardware. 
9 Comments
Techie87
Active Level 7
Questions
So true
0 Likes
chait24285
Active Level 6
Questions
I think we allow samsung to be crappy to us by paying more for inferior hardware and absolutely pathetic sevices, so how about we boycot exynos for s series and show them that our money also means the same as those paying less for Snapdragon s series
0 Likes
RSS1611
Active Level 3
Questions
Don't think boycotting is a solution bro. No company is perfect however the one that thrives to be as close to perfection gets its rewards. As a consumer, our job is to make sure our voice is heard by companies, if not anyways they will loose their share of the market sooner or later.
chait24285
Active Level 6
Questions
My question to samsung is why are they so keen to provide the best to us markets where dont give a **bleep** about us when they are make more profit here than there
0 Likes
ViP99
Active Level 4
Questions
Yes your right, I feel apple provides much better hardware as well as software support
Dkr
Active Level 5
Questions
Yeah but their pricing is non-sense...not worth 150+K...if it was prices as Ultra phones or 110K for pro max it would been a killer
0 Likes
Questions
This is because Apple controls both the hardware and the software. They make more money being in control of the whole process too. Android OEM's just assemble devices from different companies. Most don't make enough money to sustain the huge engineering departments you'd need.
0 Likes
Dkr
Active Level 5
Questions
Are u guys facing issue.. after this ONE UI 4 my home screen button and app list button is bugged...cannot use both and struggling to use the phone
0 Likes
IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Questions

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from India Beta Team!

We are continuously working towards providing our customers with updates. Any further notice on version release shall be notified to you via Beta Notices.

Thank you for being our valued customer.

Warm Regards,
India Beta Team

0 Likes